Best reply ever...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chris Sanders, May 15, 2005.

1. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop at a military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.
  2. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

:eek: Bet he got a slap for that!!
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

4. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

What for...
  5. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

One of my favourite replies:

Many years ago a Washington radio station contacted ambassadors in the city, asking what they would like for Christmas.

French Ambassador: Peace throughout the world.
    Soviet Ambassador: Freedom for all people enslaved by imperialism.
    British Ambassador: Well, its very kind of you to ask. I'd quite like a box of crystallised fruit.
  6. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Careful!! :redface:
  7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Very good. I like the other famous communication misunderstanding, (although I can't be sure of the names etc anymore, so forgive me if I make them up).

"This is the USS Enterprise, to un recognised vessel. You are on a collision course with us, we suggest you steer 3 points to port"

"USS Enterprise, we suggest that you steer 3 points to starboard".

"Un recognised vessel, we are an aircraft carrier of the United States Navy and we demand that you alter course 3 points to port".

"And we, sir, are a lighthouse, your call."
  8. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Trust you to come find something like that Sanders!

Quite funny though