Best Quote of Season

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Space Cowboy, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

PROSPECTIVE Manchester City owner Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim has said he is prepared to bid a staggering £120million for United star Cristiano Ronaldo in the January transfer window, according to a report.

“Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious," Al Fahim told Arabian Business, the newspaper that broke the original takeover story.
  2. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Rich overseas investors single-handedly destroy the transfer system.

Didn't something similar to this happen in the property market a while ago?
  3. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Apparently they are intending to bid for Torres and Fabregas too. May as well go the whole hog and line up Messi, Kaka, Puyol etc. Football is about to implode.
  4. Bungle

Bungle Member

I thought the best quote was from Noel Gallagher something like 'Now every time a Man U supporter fills their car up they will putting money into Man City'
  5. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

LOL, I wouldn't normally quote myself but according to the interview shown on Sky Sports news today they are intending to bid for Messi, Kaka and the other two in January.

It's becoming crazy but will be really funny to see if City get these players ahead of Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool, Barca and Madrid.
  6. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

They'll get them.

Only one thing talks loudest in football today.