Best Of Brass Concert, Bridgend, 11th July 2009

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Deano, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Deano

Deano Member

A Best Of Brass Concert to celebrate the life of Alan Johns, who passed away with cancer last year, will be held at The Tabernacle Church, Derwen Road, Bridgend on July 11th, 2009 concert to start at 7pm.

The nucleus of the band is made up of players Alan chose to play at his funeral, from the bands he had played with in South East and West Wales areas, all proceeds will go to The Velindre Cancer Charity.

Tickets are £5 and can be purchased from Alan's wife Sheila 01656 656351 or Rob Gowing 02920225762, 07702 03653, or, please contact if anyone would like further information about the concert.
  2. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

I played with Alan at Rogerstone, a lovely guy. I was hoping to come to this as I have Ashes tickets for the Cardiff test the day before. Unfortunately, my own band now have a gig that night so will have to be there instead. I hope all involved have a reflective and enjoyable evening raising lots of money for a very worthy cause.