Best Lower Section National Test Piece this year

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Andy_Euph, Sep 6, 2004.

Which is the best Lower Section Piece

1. The King Of Elflands Daughter

2. Chaucers Tunes

3. Diamond Heritage

4. The Four Noble Truths

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

With it less than a week now until the contest just wondering, if you've heard them, what people think is the best piece?

Personally I starting off not really liking it but i'm now totally into Chaucers Tunes, although I like the other 3 pieces too...who can't not like a Sparke piece :p
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Havent heard them :(

Shame I'm not up North, I would have gone to Harrogate to listen *sob*
  3. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Depends on your definition of "lower section" if 2nd section falls into that category then shove in a vote for Kaleidascope.
  4. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Ah you'd be talking about finals pieces wouldn't you! :oops:
  5. jonford

jonford Member

Unfortunatly the only piece I have heard out of the list is King of Elflands daughter once! Because of this I have decided not to vote :)
  6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I was wondering when it would click :lol: :p seeing as the thread title and post suggest there is some sort of contest in a weeks time ;)
  7. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Shall I just say that my mobile phone ring is currently the bass theme at bar 7 in the Four Noble Truths?
  8. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

In my defense it did say "Best Lower Section National Test Piece this year " which could be taken to mean either the regionals or the finals. still never mind. Perhaps we ought to run a "Best Test piece of 2004" in january.
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Moved to Rehearsal Room
  10. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Chaucer's Tunes is a class piece. got everything you need for a test piece.
  11. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

I have to say I've thoroughly enjoyed working on the 4 noble truths, it really tests every facet of brass playing, and is also one helluva a musical piece. For those things it gets my vote :)
  12. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Went to finals on the Sunday.

Heard all the bands in sections 3&2 .For my money second section come out on tops.#
    Great piece to listen to and i would imagine to play as well.:-D