Best fancy dress costume you've ever seen?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ginge, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Ginge

Ginge Member

What is the best fancy dress costume you have ever seen?

I need some ideas for a group of about 5/6 people for new year street party and want to know what the best fancy dress costumes you've ever seen are, so i can steal their ideas.

Cheers!! [​IMG]
  2. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

A mate at work was on a recent stag party in London and they all dressed up as superheroes.
  4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

The best fancy dress costumes are made not hired. Paying £25 for a suit but putting in no effort is pretty lame in my opinion.
  5. Di B

Di B Member

For a mexican feel build a sombrero (using a bucket and a hula hoop)

or dress as a green pepper and put yourself in a sheet to make a burrito.... Weird but impressive.

These ideas posted thanks to the wakefield met alfeld trip!
  6. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

String vest + dirty bandage around the head = Rab C Nesbitt.
  7. Tubah

Tubah Member

Try a brown leotard and tights with green balloons stuck all over. You need to be slim or good at placing balloons and you'll look like a bunch of grapes. Alternatively try a plank of wood tied down your front and the same down your back. The captains log! (Star Trek) or is that just a punch line of a very old joke?

8. horn1

horn1 Member

Best fancy dress ever - my sisters boyfriend (who is 6'5") went to a New Years party a couple of years back as the angel of the north! We got a white boiler suit spray painted him gold and made big cardboard wings also spray painted gold, it was class! The most amusing thing was the party was in a cottage with a very low roof so he had to bend his knees all night!
  9. sunshine

sunshine Member

Choose your favourite film or book and select characters from that. A few years ago myself and other staff in my year group at school dressed up as characters from The Wizard of Oz. I picked out Dorothy and was peeling red glitter off my best band shoes for weeks after!! The other characters Dorothy meets are all pretty easy to make.

Some teachers in another year group did Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory - quite easy to be an oompa loompa!!!!

Also done Cinderella - that year I went as the pumpkin :-?.
  10. Ginge

Ginge Member

Baring in mind this is a street party in Edinburgh in Dec/Jan! COLD! :eek:
  11. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Are you seeing the bells in at Princes Street then?
  12. Ginge

Ginge Member

I've done this before. Was a great success for about an hour. Until people find it funny to pop all my ballons leaving me in a thermal top and long johns. :clap: oh well.

Cheers for the ideas. Particularly like the Angel of the North. One of the guys is 6'6"! :D
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  13. Ginge

Ginge Member

I'll be around Edinburgh somewhere. I'm sure i'll be on Princes street for a while, yes. The Royal mile will be visited during the evening for a while as well i believe.
  14. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

We've done all the usual, emergency services, cavemen, spice girls, ravers, super heros etc and my favourite: Pirates!

went out as old people a few weeks ago (you'll be able to see my photos on facebook) that was brilliant! Got a very good reaction, you have to get into character tho!

One that took a bit more planning was Mr Men, worked well tho!

Long time no see adam! Hope you are enjoying scotland! :) x
  15. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

How many of you are going?

Best Whit Beer Walk theme I ever saw was 40 sheep!

Brilliant, literally 40 of them and every so often all 40 of them would jump over a little fence that they brought with them. Class!
  16. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Clue is in the first post?!
  17. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Didn't read it... :oops:
  18. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Why not go as Russell Brand? Nice and topical :D
  19. madsaz

madsaz Member

best Pontins effort we ever managed was the other half going as Papa Lazarou. Cheated a little and hired ringmasters jacket and top hat, but his own black shirt, trouser and rings (kids bling efforts). Bought stage makeup & I did the face for him.

We built it up with dodgy pandemonium circus posters and then he wandered round the bar handing out pegs all night - class. Mind you, he got a lot of attention and got a bit bored by the end of the night - apperently its hard to pee when people are sayin "alright Dave" at the urinals.
  20. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

What about 1 in a DJ with a baton and the others in band uniform with those Bontempi play instruments.