Best deals you've ever got on brass related things

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by B.Portas, Jun 6, 2013.

1. B.Portas

B.Portas Member

Hey,

Just for a bit of fun, I wondered what were the best deals you ever got on brass equipment/music? I bought a job-lot of sheet music for £5, with about 10 books worth £15 each, and just bought my cornet playing fiancee a set of 3 Denis Wick mutes (straight, cup and Harmon) for £35.

How about you?

2. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

got under charged for a round at Preston Guildhall once !

3. pedaller

pedaller Member

So you're the reason my pint cost 4 quid!!!!

4. simonium

simonium Member

When the music shops go out of business there will be plenty of deals - a 55% markup is not sustainable any more.

5. Ianroberts

6. Ianroberts

cheers !

7. Ianroberts

oh, and I got into the Free trade hall F O C 3 years running !

8. markh

markh Member

A tenor horn playing friend of mine, many years ago (1983ish), lived next to an old lady. The old lady asked my friend's father round to help take some rubbish to the tip - including a virtually brand new sovereign euphonium but with a dent in the bell, that her late husband had bought before sadly dying. My friend's father didn't take it to the tip but told the lady it was worth a lot. She wouldn't accept anything at first but he managed to talk her up to £30!

9. pedaller

pedaller Member

And if I fell into a barrel of breasts, I'd come out sucking my thumb!!!!!!!

10. Ianroberts

class post that !:clap::clap::clap:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Denis Wick
    Harmon
    brass equipment
    brass related things
    Denis Wick mutes
  12. Blades4Ever

Blades4Ever Member

I heard of some people who used to gain free admittance at the Albert Hall National Finals in the 70's and 80's, by entering through the players entrance and heading straight for the 'gods' standing area.