best cartoon show?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by mr.forde, May 30, 2005.

1. mr.forde

mr.forde Member

best Simpsons saying?

Everyone loves the simpsons and i was wondering what was the smartest thing that Homer has ever said? I remember that Homer one said 'If somhings hard then its not worth doing!' This is right i have based my whole life around that saying ....and of course im'e a 'Quitter' apparently

What is the smartest thing homer has ever said?:confused:
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

beer - the solution to and cause of all of lifes problems

3. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Donuts- Is there anything they can't do?
  4. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

"If you lose, you're out of the family!"

*Common good luck wish to golfing mother*
  5. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Don't know about best cartoon show, but the other day, I picked up a CD of Hanna-Barbera cartoon themes from the local second hand shop. It includes what for me, is the best cartoon theme ever written... Top Cat!

('Most friends get to call him TC
    Providing it's with dignity.... Top Cat!' etc. etc.)
  6. mr.forde

mr.forde Member

If i had to make a perfect cartoon it would be a cartoon of the A-Team of course like the proper thing somthing would have to blow up every 20-seconds but who cares. because it would all be worth it to see the badly drawn verson of Mr.t saying 'I ain't gettin' on no plane fool'
  7. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

daria's the best cartoon i've seen. as for homer...

And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?
  8. mr.forde

mr.forde Member

scooby doo is the most anoying cartoon ever!!!! ahhhhh... it was the same plot over and over again, the only time it got interesting was when Scrapy Doo started a fight, even the writers didn,t let him get beat up!!!:ranting2: :ranting2:
  9. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

AND it has about 4 musical themes that run throughout the shows, over and over and over again. My son is absolutely adicted to SD (of course we've fueled that obssesion by actually pruchasing dvds.) He was sick on Friday and I was home with him and 6 hours of Scooby Doo is enough to seriously warp a person, I know because when I sit down I wobble....
  10. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

oh, and my ON topic reply:

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him.
  11. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

If this thread's about the best cartoon, there's no argument - Tom & Jerry, with the Road Runner in second place.

If, however, the thread is about Homer Simpson, then beggared (SP?) of I know - only ever watched the crop (sp?) while anaesthatised (SP?) :biggrin:
  12. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Best cartoon is futurama or family guy or simpsons. cant decide...
  13. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

"Yabba Dabba Doo..."

"Simpson, Homer Simpson,
    he's the greatest guy in history,
    from the, town of Springfield,
    he's about to hit a Chestnut Tree."

14. Chris Sanders

"Wait, Here comes Lee Marvin, thank god, he's always drunk and violent."
  15. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

They can't hammer nails into a wall
    They are useless as slippers
    They are equally useless as wellies (get all soggy)
    They are too little to sit on the floor on
    They make rubbish drinks coasters (ditto get all soggy) (and flat)
    They are no good as swimming aids
    They are hopeless as doorstops

They make excellent "don't-lick-the-sugar-off-your-lips" competition tools
    They are fantastic for cheering up a miserable wet wednesday in the office
    They can be devoured in seconds to hide the evidence
    They come in millions of varieties (tasty)
    They are the source of the same rude jokes in the office on a miserable wet wednesday - especially the ones with the hole in the centre
    They make a trip to Blackpool prom complete
    My one and only attempt at making them at home resulted in a set of hammers/cushions/drinks coasters/doorstops..........

On balance - GIMME DONUTS!!!

And best cartoon show has to be Tom and Jerry.....especially the musical ones!! :tongue:
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2005
  16. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

"The answer to life's problems aren't at the bottom of a bottle, they're on TV."
  17. Chris Sanders

"When I was 17, I drank some very good beer,

I drank some very good beer I purchased, with a fake id,

my name was Brian McGee, I stayed up listening to Queen,

when I was 17."
  18. UncleStreaky

UncleStreaky Member

"Hmmmmm chicken....."

"The cookie made me do it!"
  19. cujo_134

cujo_134 Member

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

Lisa: Dad, what's a Muppet?
    Homer: Well, it's not quite a mop, it's not quite a puppet, but man... [laughs hysterically] So to answer your question, I don't know.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Oh, yeah, what are you gonna do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at you?
  20. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

No, it's the person on the other end of the 'hammer' that does that bit. This affirmation would also depend upon what the nail was made out of and what type of wall you were hammering it into.

Depends if you are VERY small and perhaps sitting on the floor of a dolls house, in which case (depending on the size of your dolls house), they'd look huge in comparison with the rest of the room.

See previous comment about dolls houses. Similar would apply here.

They are also brilliant for rolling games when you're REALLY bored.
    The ones with the holes in can be used to play hoopla on one of those spike things used in restaurants etc to put orders on.
    They make great (but quite messy) frisbees