Best Beer Name ever?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by JessopSmythe, May 7, 2004.

1. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

What's the best name you've ever seen adorning the pumps in a real ale pub?

My personal favourite has to be "Piddle-in-the-hole" from the Wyre Piddle Brewery.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Old Fart
    Best Beer
    Does
    rounds
  3. paddo

paddo Member

It has to be "Horizontal" it had a cartoon of a man laid flat on his back on the pump badge.

4. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

Mine's got to be 'Workie Ticket' from the mordue brewery, which is geordie (I think) for trouble maker. It's gorgeous, but it causes a little trouble the morning after! :hammer

5. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Wonky Donkey is a particular favourite of mine! :D

Also Ye Olde Legg Over is the best pint i ever did have on tap. :guiness

6. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Aye "workie ticket" means someone who is acting themselves and causing bother... not surprised that something geordie is gorgeous :D

7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

The pub I used to work in had some beauties, they always had different guest ales in each week,

"Batley Bog water" the pump badge was a toilet with an actual pull chain!
    "Pendle Witches Brew"
    "Bazza's Brain Basher"
    and there was a little brewery in Batley that did special ales (They did the bog water one) that produced one at Christmas called "Christmas Pudding"...it actually did taste of Christmas Pud with Sherry in it, but was surprisingly nice.
    Oh,there was "Banana Beer" aswell (a bit of an aquired taste it has to be said!!)

8. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

Weird Beer names.... Seem to have a few in my local

Leg Over (be very careful ordering this one)
    Two Pints (not a weird name, but try working out how many pints you need when your in a round...)
    Stud
    Stallion (generally next to the stud...)

9. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Marston's once followed up the success of their strong ale Owd Roger with two even stronger bottled beers. The intermediate one was called Roger's Rocket Fuel, while the strongest was called Roger and Out.

10. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

In The Porter House in Dublin, one can partake of the excellently named "Brain-Bursta!", or the equally useful "Queen Maedbh's Red"

11. Di

Di Active Member

Quite what the effects of a drop called "waggle dance" would be I'm not too sure. :lol:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Old Fart
    Best Beer
    Does
    rounds
  13. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

"Baz's Bonce Blower" which was credited as being the strongest beer in the UK. It's brewed by a small brewery in Somerby, Leicestershire. I once had the "pleasure" of a night on this stuff in the pub attached to the brewery. You really didn't want to be in my head the next morning :hammer

14. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Two of my favorites (from Ohio) Are:
    Burning River Pale Ale (Named after the famous fire along the Cuyhoga in 1969) & Thirsty Dog Old Leghumper (Yes, the picture on the bottle IS just what you might think)
    :guiness

15. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I like to ask for a Blonde - the latest brew from the fabulous Daleside Brewery in Harrogate

http://www.dalesidebrewery.com/

"I'd like two blondes and a bag of salt and vinegar crisps please..."

D

16. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

These are some of my favorite names. Sad to say I havnt tried all of them.

Skull Splitter from the Orkney Islands
    Monkey Knife Fight from something like the Nodding Head Brewery in America
    Blithering Idiot Barley Wine from America
    and Moose Drool again from America.

this may get bleeped out but its a real beer. Arrogant Ba Stard Ale. ( Go to arrogant b'stard . dot com to see)

17. Heppy

Heppy Member

When my old band got promoted from a section (cant remember which 2nd or 1st) the local ale house where we supped, the mighty 'Riverhead' in Marsden, Phil the landlord brewed us his Bandsmans Bitter. Top notch ale!

18. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I had a bottle of Banana Bread beer yesterday, bought it from ASDA. It wasn't too bad, but you're right it is an aquired taste!

I had a beer at a festival earlier this year called "Weapon of Mass Destruction" which was about 9% and tasted like treacle, it certainly did what it said on the tin!

19. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

Does wonders for your playing though! There was also "Pooh Beer" - good name, slightly disappointing spelling, didn't do what it said on the tin! :wink:

20. Cornishwomble

Oh Sam believe me it did the next day, it did the next day!

21. stripybananas

stripybananas Member

theres always the old "foxes kn**" not tried it, the name put me off a lil.

22. Cornishwomble

There used to be a pub in Portsmouth which was an old police station and run by two retired policemen.
    They used to make their own beers on the premises and they had names like "Crimin-ale" and "Truncheon beer!