Best Bass Trombone Player!!!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by DannyKeller, Apr 3, 2008.

1. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

When Brad stepped up to follow Gordon Camsey in the ISB I wasn't sure at first, but he really seems to have settled into the position, and the whole section at ISB120 were on top form.

2. Kaggen90

Kaggen90 Member

Ben van Dijk and Camilla S. Tveit.

3. pedaller

pedaller Member

Only just come across this thread. Have to agree with previous posts for Martin Newsome and Ian Copland, but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "Big T" - Tony Tomlinson ex CWS ( Manchester ) - a giant of a man and a huge sound and brilliant technique.

4. BassBoneMatt

BassBoneMatt Member

Charlie Vernon in my opinion! Incredible! Also, Denson Paul Pollard and Dave Taylor.

This is more brass band orientated I guess, so heres Charlie covering for Frosty with BBBC. http://youtu.be/qSYlETbQiDY

5. B(r)assBone

B(r)assBone Member

You are right, Charlie is definite one of my favourites! Is he playing in this Brass Band on the video? In my opinion this is played too "symphonic", I like "mercilessly" playing of typical Brass Band Bass Trombones more. But is absolutely a great player though...

6. B(r)assBone

B(r)assBone Member

7. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

I have never heard him myself, but I have it on very good authority that Dave Taylor at Kidlington is pretty good

8. Neillyboy

Neillyboy Member

Jim Bone, Scottish coop, Charlie Farren, Whitburn, Tony Robinson, can't remember and Andrew Foden, Kirkie are a few that I can vouch for!!

9. gluestick

gluestick Member

No one has mentioned Alan Widdop. Black Dyke, JSVB and Sid Lawrence.

10. tallyman

tallyman Member

Pretty sure Tony Robinson was Blackadder, Time team and the 80's kids TV show Tales from fat tullips garden.