Best Band Website

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by jockinafrock, Feb 1, 2009.

1. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Come on folks! Who's got the best band website...? I know not everyone's lucky enough to have a computer expert in their ranks, but ours (United Co-op Crewe) is pretty good!
    Went on Fishburn's site and it's great! Loads of fresh ideas to make for interesting and fun reading!
    Any others worth having a squizz at? :biggrin:
  2. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Black Dyke:clap:
  3. Euphgit

Euphgit Member

I thought Dykes was a bit **** tbh, especially condsidering the amount of money they have to spend on such things

edited to say : that was a little harsh, it's just a bit bland
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  4. alks

alks Member

Why not look through the winners of the website of the month competition section and view the winning websites?

5. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I think ours is very good and its always up to date thanks to Steve, and I think it promotes the band very very well.

One thing annoys me about band websites is when they are not up to date and full of stupid jokes that only the band gets or pictures of the band going out for a curry (for example). A band website should be kept professional, if you want people to book you for important concerts
  6. jockinafrock

Keep trying but it won't let me on it! Thanks anyway mate! :tup
  7. jockinafrock

Hi Stella - just been on your site! Loved the old band room and, boy did that bring back old memories! I've seen a few huts (I mean bandrooms) like that before bands have refurbished them or moved on to pastures new and more compliant with building regs! :eek:
  8. xRinat

xRinat Member

Here you go

Black Dyke Mills Band is the best brass band in Europe... For sure.. Trust me.
    You can listen to them on youtube, i got alot of recordings from them, they own.
    I also recommand Yorkshire Building Society Band, and William Fairey's Band, they both are incredibly good.
  9. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Thanks mate!! It was a very long project. With wonderful support from the local community the project eventually finished. Its much better and hopefully be a great home for the band for years to come!:D
  10. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

:confused: Could you tell me what error message you're seeing?
  11. jockinafrock

It isn't saying anything, that's the prob. I sorted my cookies 'n' other things, and it's prob quite obvious what I'm not doing, only not to me. I click on the website o' th' month thing an' it doesn't want to know... I'm still trying to sort out my avator, so am not exactly a whizz on the old compluter!
    Any help appreciated..! :oops:
  12. WoodenFlugel

OK I'm just off to get some much-needed beauty sleep, can it wait until the morning?
  13. catto09

catto09 Member

At the moment, if i'm not mistaken...according to the ratings, Cory (buy as you view) band, are currently the best band in europe. Infact, they're the best in the world!
  14. Di

Di Active Member

Does anyone else have this problem?

Have you tried scrolling through the forums until you find "tMP Website of the Month" and entering that way rather than clicking on the nav bar link? The link is merely a short cut. I realise that is not a proper long term solution, but can you get in that way until we can find out why you can't get in through the link?
  15. WoodenFlugel

Hmm just clicked the link in the top menu bar and its working fine. I'm using Firefox, so I'm not sure if its a IE specific problem. Of course, you can always use the method Di has posted above. ^
  16. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

They're the best bands..... but that doesn't mean they've got the best websites! :wink:
    The 6 years live award went to Delph Whit Friday, not a band's website, so not much help there. But FWIW, the links are working fine on IE.
  17. jockinafrock

By Jingo! I got it! :woo
    Don't know how I got there, but thanks folks! :tup