Besson, York or AN Other

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by jpbray, Dec 20, 2007.

1. jpbray

jpbray Member

The situation still seems confusing, and I know a lot is personal preference. But if we are looking for a set of serviceable and robust instruments for Band who do we go to?

2. Gary_Bari

Gary_Bari New Member

It goes without saying that Besson and York are well established companies supplying premium instruments at premium prices. There are also up and coming companies with good quality instruments who aren't yet sufficiently well established to charge premium prices. Some of these companies may be willing to come to your band room with a set of instruments for you to try. It may be worth exploring this avenue rather than just choosing based on established reputation.

3. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Yamaha! The only company that can kit out a brass band with decent quality instruments that won't fall to bits after five minutes. And the only company that can kit out a band including trombones.

4. Seth

Seth New Member

Not sure what cornets Black Dyke use (York?), but you may wish to give them a miss if you have notes below the stave to play ;-)

5. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I'm with besson, but i suppose i would because i play one.Prestiges are to go for, but quite expensive

6. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

give york horns a miss.. load of pap.

7. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

contact Phil Parker ltd used by all pro's in london Tel 0207 486 8206