Besson Sovereign round stamp soprano cornet

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by lisa65, Feb 6, 2013.

1. lisa65

lisa65 New Member

Hi, I'm looking to sell my Besson sovereign soprano cornet (the round stamp version with the tuning slide in the bell crook). I have had it around 6 months and was quite happy with it, but hubby kindly said I could have a 2nd hand Schilke :)

The sop is in great condition, there are a few small marks on the plate but no dents. All valves and slides in good order etc. I bought it from Alex Campbell who is currently playing with Becontree band.

The only slightly odd thing is there is NO serial number visible anywhere on the instrument. I have looked all over it without success and I can only assume that the sop has had a replacement bell at some point in its life - hence the Besson stamp but lack of serial number.

I am in Fareham Hampshire, which is midway between Portsmouth and Southampton. Anybody interested is welcome to come and view/play the instrument before purchase. I can get better pictures if anybody wishes to see more details etc. I can post via courier. The sop didn't come with a case when I got it and I've been using a spare cornet case belonging to my band, so will have to sell it without a case.

Looking for £350 ono, postage will be extra (probably about £20 including insurance) and it will be very well packed.

I know I am a new member on here but if you care to go to my ebay profile (garlicpickle) you will be able to see I have 100% positive feedback over the last 12 years.

Please PM me if you are interested or want to know anything else. I will list the sop on ebay soon if it doesn't sell via this site.

2. lisa65

lisa65 New Member

Now sold.
  3. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

What a beauty :)
  4. lisa65

lisa65 New Member

yes it was a bit painful to let it go. I would have kept it and played it sometimes but needed the money to go towards my new one :)