Besson Sovereign Euphonium Wanted

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by bflat, Apr 22, 2012.

1. bflat

bflat New Member

I'm after a second hand silver Sovereign. This is a treat to myself so would prefer one that's in excellent condition! :biggrin:

2. shawneuph

shawneuph Supporting Member

Hi we have have one just come in, in excellent condition (case also in excellent condition) in silver plate serial number 844*** it is awaiting a full service/polish etc, it will be available at £2395-00 later this week.

3. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

That serial sounds familiar, was it one of the ones that Wantage bought with lottery money in about 1995? Nice instrument, and I was its first regular player, if so...

4. euphymike

euphymike Member

Like a car its nice to know where something came from and whos looked after it.
    A pro player friend has just ordered what some consider the best thing around a Hirsbrummer euphonium. They make you one to order. But it appears you have to have a kind of interview and if they dont like you then they decline. Needless to say they order book is full for the next 18 months. I expect Besson would love that. Bit like morgan cars then brass insturments!

5. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Actually I take it back, that one was 8****44, not 844***... Funny how your brain plays tricks sometimes.

6. Chairman Kev

Chairman Kev New Member

We got a second hand silver plated sovereign euphonium very good condidtion £1650.00 if your interested mail be back. thanks