Besson Sov EEb bass for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by mancbass, Dec 16, 2013.

1. mancbass

mancbass New Member

Early 1990's 4 valve Besson sov EEb for sale, silver plated. Excellent condition, photos available (via email). Just had new springs and valve guides fitted, all slides in working order, no leaks from water keys. Really good tone, and full sound.

Comes with hard case (with wheels), and a mouthpiece.

For sale in Manchester area, can arrange delivery,

For photos, please contact me on
  2. Phil Green

Phil Green Supporting Member

Good luck with the sale - this seems a really good price. I had a 1991 981 and it was probably the best instrument I'd ever played until the one I have now. Have seen some chancers trying to sell Sovs for much more than this (they're still for sale!).
  3. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I have a 1982 4v EEb tuba it looks exactly like a Sov (I've blown a few over the years) but only has the word "Besson" engraved on the bell in the same place Sovs are engraved. It has a 19" bell and large size lead pipe, I use a DW2L with it.
    The only difference from the Sov that I can see is that it still has the old metal integral valve guides and it has the old fashioned knob on the bottom bow.
    I know it was made a couple of years before the first Sovs and I suspected it might be a "New Standard" but that name does not appear anywhere on the instrument.
    It had just been completely reconditioned and replated (Silver) when I bought it five years ago and is in magnificent condition with only a few odd minor dings.
    I bought it from an Army Musician and wondered if Besson had a special issue for the Armed Forces ~ I can tell you one thing, it's bl**dy heavy !
    What is it, and what is it worth ?

~ Mr Wilx
  4. mancbass

mancbass New Member

Bass is now sold. thanks to all who have shown an interest.