Besson Prestige Euphonium

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Number1euph, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Number1euph

Number1euph Member

Help required.

I have a Besson Prestige Euphonium, Model Number BE2052. It's about 5 years old.

The trigger what is on the main tuning slide has broken and so un-able to use the instrument. I am wondering if anyone would know anywhere i could get hold of replacement parts.

I am in the Sheffield area but am willing to travel to get the parts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Hi James,

Windcraft have a page listing Besson Prestige spares here. You'll need to navigate through "Brass Spares", "Euphonium" and "Besson Prestige" to find what you need.

Hope this helps,

3. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

From what i've read and heard. all these prestige euphoniums seem to be plagued with triggers breaking. seems to be the 0nly discusiton seen. I spoke to a Euph player recently using a Yamaha. he tried the new prestige out and the trigger broke while the band was trying it out. They bought the Yamaha. What are Besson doing ??
  4. BarneyEuph

BarneyEuph Member

Try Neville Brothers Instrument repairs in Derby. Phil Neville fixed my Prestige trigger. Personally Ive had the original UK prestige and now the new Buffet German made prestige. The trigger has been fine for me.

The only reason I needed it repairing was my own fault as I left it connected to the trigger end whilst cleaning in the bath with the slide out. I bent it whilst turning over and snapped the union joint.

But triggers are great for f# and g's!!! Ha ha