Besson Prestige Euphonium For Sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by simonium, Jul 30, 2009.

1. simonium

simonium Member

Alas, I am having to put up for sale my Besson 2052 Prestige Euphonium. It is a Buffet Crampon model and bought 13/8/8. There are a few things to note. Firstly it doesn't have a a hard case but does come with a gig bag. The majority of the spares and accessories are present, with the exception of mouthpieces, although I can supply it with a mouthpiece if requested (no Megatones!). The instrument itself is excellent condition with no dents and only a couple of very light scratches from buttons. Internally it has been washed through every month since new and the valves and slides are all working perfectly (even the first valve compensating slide).

The valves have been treated to a continuous course of Al Cass oil and the slides the Bach Tuning Slide And Cork Grease. The MTS has been kept silky smooth by using Trombotine.

Accessories include:

2 sets of spare valve cap bottoms - 1 set unopened.
    Replacement spring dampers for the valves.
    Original style trigger guard.
    Wtare reservoir.
    Spare springs, soft stops and water key corks.
    Grey Rosetti gig bag.
    Yamaha Silent Brass Mute only.

and if asked for
    a large variety of solos, concertos and test piece euphonium parts.

I have a selection of photos so please message me if you are interested.

I would ideally like to ask about £3500 for this superb instrument, the price taking into account there is no hardcase. I have all the relevant paperwork pertaining to the purchase of this euphonium.

As I say, if you're interested or have any questions please get in touch.
  2. simonium

simonium Member

I have reduced the price to £3000 because I need a quick sale. The price for overnight insured carriage, depending on area, would be approximately £30. I have photos of all the components if anyone is interested.
  3. ydave

ydave New Member

Hi simonium

Have you still got the Prestige?
    Where abouts are you for viewing?
    Why are you selling?
    What happened to the hard case?
    Laquire or silver?
    Photos would be good.

Sorry about so many questions....

All the best
  4. catto09

catto09 Member

I'd like to second the above questions :)