Besson Prestige Cornet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by RJM06, Aug 11, 2006.

1. RJM06

RJM06 Member

Hiya People,
    Who likes the Prestige Cornet from Besson? They are fantastic cornets and can have a really nice sound, except one problem, the slides they sometimes can be really annoyin and hard to sort out.
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Sorry, this isn't a review. Moved...
  3. leisa

leisa Active Member

I have one, it is rubbish. The valves are slow, the bell has drooped quite badly.

The sound is good but it is really hard to get it in tune.

I want a yamaha or a sovereign :(
  4. Salvo Bando

Salvo Bando New Member

im sorry but the xenos/maestros are the best, you just can't beat them. I have a 2005 maestro and have had not one single problem with it. Yamaha for life!
  5. All of the Maestros I've tried, and all of the people I've spoken to who have played one, have a problem hitting top A or top Ab. Have they cured that?
  6. RJM06

RJM06 Member

i'm no actually sure if they have resolved the situation of hitting a top A or top Ab.
  7. JonBond

JonBond Member

I tried the Prestige October 2004, but decided to go for the Sovereign. I had heard a few horror stories about the prestige before I played it. It was good, but having always played a sovereign it didn't work for me. Pretty good lookingthough! :)
  8. I'm no hexpert on instruments, but if they cure it I'll be saving up for one. Otherwise, it's wide open from what I've heard. A friend of mine got hold of a 20-year old Sovereign for £120! *jealous*