Besson Prestige Cornet WANTED

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Drew92, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Drew92

Drew92 New Member

Hi,

I am looking to buy a Besson Prestige Cornet, and am wondering if anybody knows of any second hand ones for sale at the minute?

I realise they're like hen's teeth, but thought it would be worth asking here anyway.

Thanks very much,
    Drew

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Besson Prestige Cornet
    Drew
    Besson Prestige Cornet WANTED
    minute
    hand
  3. Landy

Landy New Member

4. Drew92

Drew92 New Member

Thanks for this. I'm just slightly cautious about the condition of that one. Living in Northern Ireland, it's never quite as simple as "return it if you don't like the condition it's in", or "come and try before you buy"!

Your York Eminence looks like a lovely instrument. Unfortunately I'm looking this cornet for my 17 year old brother.... Maybe he's being blinded by the gold triggers on the Prestige, but he's always played on B&H/Besson cornets, so isn't really looking to move away from them.
    Thanks anyway though :)

Drew

5. Cornet man

Cornet man New Member

Hi I have a besson Prestige for sale if anyone is intrested, in very good condition no dents, been valued at around £1,600. but don`t want a shop to add a mark up, so passing it on to a fellow brass player, looking for around £1,000.00 ovno, no time wasters please,
    this is a great offer price if a Prestige is what your after at a give away price.

6. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Cornet man, where are you located?

7. Cornet man

Cornet man New Member

Hi Im in Portsmouth, Hampshire.

8. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Do you have any pictures available to email? It's a bit of a trek down to Portsmouth so would be good to see what it's like beforehand. How old is the instrument? If you have pictures please can you email them to chrishicks1@btconnect.com

9. Cornet man

Cornet man New Member

Hi Chris, Just about to send you some pics, its about 14 years old, cant quite remember, time just flys, however working back Ive not played it until a few weeks ago just to check it otherwise its been shut away the past 7 years or so.