Besson prestige cornet on ebay

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by julian, Jul 1, 2012.

1. julian

julian Member

Hi, Not quite sure if this is the right place to post this?
    You might be watching a prestige cornet on ebay - or bidding - currently £750+
    It might be completely O.K. - and I hope that it is, but for me it just rings alarm bells - a £2000 cornet that 'I found under my kids bed while I was having a bit of a clear out' as a reason for selling.
    I have emailed the seller asking if they have proof of ownership or could tell me where it was purchased from - but as yet have not had a reply.
    Julian.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Besson
    O.K.
    Julian
    Besson prestige cornet
    selling
  3. julian

julian Member

I have now had a reply that the cornet was bought at a car boot sale approx 6 years ago for a child and has been in their toy box until now. Despite asking I have not been told its serial number.

4. Cornet Luke

Cornet Luke Member

Sounds very dodgy to me...
    Where is the location? I've heard of a few burglaries around the UK in the last month or so?

5. DRW

DRW New Member

It looks in extremely bad condition to me; like it's had use by a child that didn't appreciate it. Perhaps bought for them from a wealthy grandparent? Doesn't look like stolen goods damage to me. Any serious buyer of this I'm sure will be a restorer or someone willing to get it straightened out.

6. Does the seller have good feedback? (can't currently check it myself as I don't have access ebay at work :-( )

I have bought/sold more than 4000 items on ebay over the past ten years, and found that a well established positive feedback record (say more than a year) is a good indication of an honest seller.

7. DRW

DRW New Member

8. dizzystinker

dizzystinker Member

Has anyone reported this, if it is genuine I'm sure the seller won't mind?!?