Besson EEb Sovereign Tuba for sale!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by dan26theman, Oct 28, 2007.

1. dan26theman

dan26theman New Member

Evening all,

After many years of thinking "should i, shouldn't i", i have finally decided to put my Tuba up for sale. I have not played for a good 8 yrs now so have decided to sell rather than it just sit in the cupboard getting dusty.

I purchased the Tuba from new in 1995, apart from having a few dinks in the bottom bow, its in A1 condition. Valves & Slides are perfect.

I have attached a few pics but if more info is needed, just give me a shout.

I am looking in the region of 3k.

Thanks

Dan

DSC01312.JPG
    DSC01318.JPG
    DSC01331.JPG
    DSC01326.JPG

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tuba
    Besson EEb
    A1
    bow
    vB
  3. Location

Where in the UK are you? Don't mean to be be cheeky but 3K does seem quite a lot for a tuba thats over 10years old. You can buy the same tuba new for £3,600.

4. dan26theman

dan26theman New Member

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I live in the West Midlands.

I have put 3k but am open to sensible offers! I also have a Denis Wick precision mute that i may throw in if the price is right!

5. Phil Green

Phil Green Supporting Member

The thing is, as far as I know, you can't get these models for love nor money and are probably the finest (post Boosey Sovereigns) that you can get. The 981 is really quite a sought after model and is definitely a £2k+ tuba in pretty much any condition. In great condition, and from the photo's it looks like this one is, then it deserves a good price.

6. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

I totaly agree, it looks mint.
    a new tuba like this in Aus would list from $18,000 Australian.
    If it plays as good as it looks it would be well worth the asking price. My own 982 is just a little older about 1992 model in silver and also near mint condition and plays like a dream.

7. Do you have photos of the rear of the tuba and of the digs to the bow?

8. dan26theman

dan26theman New Member

I do have quite a few more pics but am not on my own laptop at the mo and thats where the pics are!
    As soon as i get chance, i will add more pics - the dinks are mostly on the bottom inner bow which i think is quite usual....especially for a tuba i brought in 1995!

Thanks for the below comment by the way Phil - I can assure you that it is a very well looked after instrument & had valves and slides serviced regular (new valve springs, felts etc etc).

9. dan26theman

dan26theman New Member

Evening all,

I have attached a few more pics of the rear of the Tuba to show the dinks that are mostly on the inner bow as i said!
    Apart from these, the Tuba is perfect.

Cheers

DSC01323.JPG

DSC01324.JPG

DSC01328.JPG

10. euphmag

euphmag New Member

Tuba

Just to add to this thread.....I can guarantee that this tuba is genuine. I personally think that dan is mad for selling it (not just becasue I think he could still be as good on it as he used to be) but becasue I doubt there is another second hand bass in as good condition as this anywhere.

If you are looking to buy a bass at the moment, I would recommend having a look at this one!

Mark Glover

11. tubataxi

tubataxi New Member

Is this tuba still for sale?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tuba
    Besson EEb
    A1
    bow
    vB
  13. dan26theman

dan26theman New Member

Yes mate, Tuba is still for sale!

14. tubataxi

tubataxi New Member

I have sent you a private message

15. Frosty

Frosty Member

Not really sure you can get so excited over a tuba!!

16. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

You can if it's a good one, They are so rare to find these days.

17. tubataxi

tubataxi New Member

My son plays a Besson EEb Sovereign Tuba at the moment - it helped him earn a distinction in his grade 8 Tuba exam, but it is only on loan from his music centre for another few months :cry:.

18. on_castors

on_castors Member

And any number of bands are out there with good Besson Soveriegns, Yamahas, Courtois and whatever, sitting around doing nothing for the want of a player!

My own band included.

19. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Just shows you what you can get when the demand is there ...

981 Sovereign (sold earlier today on eBay)

20. zak

zak Member

Price jumps up by £1500 in last 7 bids though which seems far too much and not the norm with e bay as bid increments seem too high!! Not always a case of what the price finishes at but rather a case of whether you get your money. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people on e bay who like nothing better than to register just to ruin an auction by bidding ridiculous prices then not paying. I have experienced this problem unfortunately!! :mad:

21. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Ouch! What's attracting my attention is the profit the seller is going to make (if he gets his cash) compared to original cost and refurbishment.

22. dan26theman

dan26theman New Member

did you get my reply last night Tubataxi?