Besson BBb Tuba for sale!!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Flowertotfairy, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Flowertotfairy

Flowertotfairy New Member

Hi there, I am selling a Besson 700 BBb non compensating Tuba. With original hard case, mouthpiece etc.

In good condition, no major dinks or scratches, could do with a bit of lubrication around the valves, but thats about it I think!!

I don't play the Tuba myself, it belonged to my late father, so unfortunately I cant really tell you much more about it.

Its 20+ yrs old...? Been in storage for a while, still looks shiny and great!!

Any questions send me a PM here. Will send photos via email.
    Iam looking for around £3000, but open to offers.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
  2. Thats a lot of money for a non-compensating tuba.
  3. Flowertotfairy

High expectations perhaps!! I wouldnt really be willing to accept anything under £2000 for it.
  4. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

What model is it? 992, 994, 994GS? It will be under the logo on the bell at the beginning of the serial number, or at the start of the serial number on the bell at the back.
    If it starts with a 7, not a 9, then you're way off the mark. A good condition 99* might get 2500, but a 700 series or other won't get close.

More info, we can give more help!!
  5. Flowertotfairy

Thanks Andy. It says Besson 700, Boosey & Hawkes. Serial number 794-779428.

Help is much appreciated :)
  6. I don't think you will get anywhere near £2000 for it. Sorry!
  7. john 994

john 994 New Member

This is David in Halesowen I am a friend of John who is in Holland. Ring me on 0121 559 2509 and I will arrange payment & collection. By the way it is silver not brass finish?

8. Flowertotfairy

This tuba is now sold! :)