Besson 983 Sovereign Silver for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by meadsie, Aug 14, 2008.

1. meadsie

meadsie New Member

Hi
    VERY sorry to have to sell my tuba :(
    This is a rare Besson Sovereign 983 Tuba in Silver Plate.
    I have owned this beauty for around 5 years now ( i had it from new and had to travel the country to find one).
    She is a beautiful instrument - gorgeous tone and one of the best freely blowing bottom registers on any besson i have played.
    I have been playing for over 25 years, studied at one of the top music colleges and played under conductors such as Sir Simon Rattle, Boulez etc...
    Condidtion wise - Vey good to excellent. There are a few dings on the outer tubing but other than that no problems.
    I have the hard case complete with the instrument ( been used for 1 week in 5 years!) and also the custom gig bag to go with it.
    Included is a brand new Dennis Wick mouthpiece.
    I am selling as I need the money - so I am looking to buy / return to a cheaper good condition standard sovereign. ( not the marching model though )
    I am away from 19th - 22 August playing so im afraid i wont be able to answer any questions during that time. She can be picked up on the 23rd August for the winning bidder.
    Very sorry to see her go - but money calls.

Looking for £2500 - Im based in the Leicester / Birmingham Area

2. meadsie

meadsie New Member

Ideally im looking for £2500 minimum - best offer over secures - thanks

3. on_castors

on_castors Member

As rare as they are, seeing as a Sov in ANY tatty old condition is going to be at least 1800 to 2000. it isn't going to be a LOT cheaper! Getting either a concert or marching model (choice, whats that?!) that is playable without work for that sort of price might be a bit of a Holy Grail style hunt!

They go for SILLY money, an 80year old Imperial might get near enough a thousand quid if it is tidy! :-(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice