Besson 983 Sovereign Silver for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by meadsie, Aug 14, 2008.

1. meadsie

meadsie New Member

Hi
    VERY sorry to have to sell my tuba :(
    This is a rare Besson Sovereign 983 Tuba in Silver Plate.
    I have owned this beauty for around 5 years now ( i had it from new and had to travel the country to find one).
    She is a beautiful instrument - gorgeous tone and one of the best freely blowing bottom registers on any besson i have played.
    I have been playing for over 25 years, studied at one of the top music colleges and played under conductors such as Sir Simon Rattle, Boulez etc...
    Condidtion wise - Vey good to excellent. There are a few dings on the outer tubing but other than that no problems.
    I have the hard case complete with the instrument ( been used for 1 week in 5 years!) and also the custom gig bag to go with it.
    Included is a brand new Dennis Wick mouthpiece.
    I am selling as I need the money - so I am looking to buy / return to a cheaper good condition standard sovereign. ( not the marching model though )
    I am away from 19th - 22 August playing so im afraid i wont be able to answer any questions during that time. She can be picked up on the 23rd August for the winning bidder.
    Very sorry to see her go - but money calls.

Looking for £2500 - Im based in the Leicester / Birmingham Area

2. meadsie

meadsie New Member

Ideally im looking for £2500 minimum - best offer over secures - thanks

3. on_castors

on_castors Member

As rare as they are, seeing as a Sov in ANY tatty old condition is going to be at least 1800 to 2000. it isn't going to be a LOT cheaper! Getting either a concert or marching model (choice, whats that?!) that is playable without work for that sort of price might be a bit of a Holy Grail style hunt!

They go for SILLY money, an 80year old Imperial might get near enough a thousand quid if it is tidy! :-(