Besson 968 Sovereign euph for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by jonford, Sep 13, 2012.

1. jonford

jonford Member

I'm currently looking to sell my Besson 968 medium bore Sovereign euphonium. It is about 9 years old and is in very good condition with just a few small dents and minor scratches. It has also recently been fully serviced by McQueens.

Having recently been an advised on value, I am looking for £1800 ONO.

I will also include my Vincent Bach leather gig bag (as well as the standard hard case).

Please PM me if you would like more details.

IMG_0666.jpg

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Besson 968
    Sovereign
    McQueens
    ONO
    Besson
  3. Peter Withers

Peter Withers New Member

Have seen that you are selling a euphonium and I'm interested. Can you please send me some details to pete_and_deb@hotmail.com. Am only in England for one more week before my return to Australia.

Thanks

Peter Withers

4. simonium

simonium Member

Large bore and small bell actually I think you'll find.

5. jonford

jonford Member

Sorry Simon!

Peter I did try to message you a few days ago. Unfortunately the instrument has now been sold. Thanks to all those that enquired.

6. simonium

simonium Member

Hi Jon! I wasn't criticizing so if it came across like I apologise. It is a common misunderstanding with the 968 - it is identical to the 967 apart from the bell flare and the traditional shape lead pipe! They are usually sold by shops as medium bore - the only ones Besson made like that we're the horrid 3 valvers and the 966.

7. agentorange

agentorange Member

Technically correct, but everyone refers to the 968 as the medium bore just to make the distinction. Was there ever a small bore? Just curious why it's medium and large when there are only two versions.

8. John_D

John_D Member

I would imagine that instruments get refered to as medium and large bore to differentiate them from the old instruments which were, often, a smaller bore than the current 'medium bore' ones. Certainly the case with cornets (having played a few old 'class A' and 'prototype' cornets.).

9. simonium

simonium Member

Not in the modern era - the 966 / 963 (?) were different bore sizes but the 967/8 were identical bore. It would make sense to describe it as a small bore. In my own limited experience I found the 968 harder to play than the 967 as it seemed to choke a bit (it could've been a bad one admittedly) but my new 966 doesn't so I'm thinking the 966 has a more suitable bore for an 11" bell than the 968. I think I'm going to arrange a group test with audio equipment and see what happens. Incidentally I know of another 966 surfacing soon....

10. agentorange

agentorange Member

Bit of a pipe dream financially at the moment i'm afraid.............unless it's really, really cheap!!?