Besses O' Th' Barn require...

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Aidan, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Top class players required for vacancies at Besses O'th Barn

Edit: see latest posts for current vacancies

Besses currently have vacancies for a principal cornet, tutti cornet, solo trombone, and Bb bass.
    If you are interested in any of the above then please contact me on 07764 482666 and I will pass you on to the band secretary.
    Any replies treated in the strictest confidence.

Cheers,
    Aidan

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2007
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Besses O' Th' Barn
    Besses
    Bb
    Besses O'th Barn
    Aidan
  3. Besses o'th' Barn - Tutti Cornet & Eb Bass

Besses o'th' Barn band are looking for a committed tutti cornet player to start with the band as soon as possible.

We also need an Eb bass player from January 2004.

Please email or phone for informal enquiries.

Richard Cookson.

01772 745576

4. Lesley Richmond

Lesley Richmond New Member

Besses require a soprano cornet player

Besses o' th' Barn seek a soprano cornet player in order to bring this Championship Section Band to its full complement.

All enquiries should be made to:
    Dave or Jannine Aston
    on 01772 701216
    or 07950 343612[/b]

5. Lesley Richmond

Besses O' Th' Barn require a percussionist

Besses o' th' Barn seek a percussionist in order to bring this Championship Section Band to its full complement.

Dave or Jannine Aston
    on 01772 701216
    or 07950 343612[/b]

6. Lesley Richmond

Besses O' Th' Barn require a 2nd Cornet and Bb Bass

Besses o' th' Barn seek a 2nd Cornet and Bb Bass player in order to bring this Championship Section Band to its full complement.

Jonathan Corry
    on 07813 136926

7. Lesley Richmond

Besses O' Th' Barn require a percussionist

Besses o' th' Barn seek a percussionist in order to bring this Championship Section Band to its full complement.

Dave or Jannine Aston
    on 01772 701216
    or 07950 343612

8. Lesley Richmond

Besses O' Th' Barn require an Assistant Principal Cornet and an Eb Bass

Championship Section Besses O' Th' Barn Band require an Assistant Principal Cornet and Eb Bass player.

Please contact Dave or Jannine Aston or 01772 701216.

9. brassybabe

brassybabe Member

anyone fancy bumper up at besses?

hi people. besses o' th' barn r looking for a really strong player for bumper up. we rehearse tues and thurs nights.
    think ur good enough? get in touch!!!!!!!

10. brassybabe

brassybabe Member

besses require solo horn and 2nd man

hi again people.

besses o' th' barn are looking for some talent!!! we need a solo horn and a bumper up. think u have what it takes? then get in touch with me via e-mail (skupio@hotmail.com) or go to www.besses.co.uk and give Dave Aston a ring.
    we rehearse tues and thurs nights in preswich and don't worry we have our own bar!!:D

11. Besses o'th' Barn, NW Championship, Eb Bass

Besses o'th' Barn band (Whitefield nr. Manchester) are looking for an Eb bass player. If you're interested or would like further details please send me a personal message.

Richard Cookson.

Chairman. Besses o'th' Barn band.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Besses O' Th' Barn
    Besses
    Bb
    Besses O'th Barn
    Aidan
  13. brassybabe

brassybabe Member

Cornet, Baritone and Horn needed at Besses!!!!

Besses o' th' Barn band are looking for talented, commited percussionists to complete our line-up.
    We rehearse tues & thurs 8-10 in Whitefield, J17 M60.
    We have concerts and contests coming up in the next few months, including Pontins and the Scottish Open.
    If you are interested please contact me via pm, e-mail or 07845094860. :D

14. Besses o'th' Barn, NW, Horn, Cornet + Bari

Hi,

We've currently got a vacancy for a Baritone player at Besses o'th' Barn and will also have vacancies for Solo horn and a Tutti cornet within the next few months.

We rehearse Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8pm - 10pm at Whitefield just off J17 of the M60.

Please let me know if you are interested in any of the above positions and would like to come down for a blow.

Pip, pip,

Richard.

15. Besses o'th' Barn, North West, require 2nd Baritone

Hi,

We're currently looking for a second baritone player at Besses o'th' Barn band. We rehearse Tuesdays and Thursdays 8-10pm at Whitefield, between Manchester and Bury.

If you're interested in coming down for a blow please please let me know.

Pip, pip,

Richard Cookson
    (Chairman, Besses o'th' Barn)

16. Besses o'th' Barn NW require Horn & Cornet

Besses o'th' Barn band are looking for a good quality horn player and a good quality cornet player. Rehearsals Tuesday and Thursday at Whitefield near Manchester.

If you are interested in coming down for a blow or would like any further details please send a personal message.

Richard Cookson.

(Chairman: Besses o'th' Barn Band)

17. Golden-Hynd

Golden-Hynd Member

Assistant Principal Cornet Vacancy at Besses

Besses O'th Barn are currently looking for a new 2nd man down. We're a friendly band who are in the North West Championship section. Although we're quite a young band we still have a few old hands who know what they're doing. One of these being our conductor Jim Cant, who is doing wonders for the band.

We're currently looking at many contests in the coming year such as the North West area, Tameside contest on own choice, The Grand Shield on Whitsun Wakes, Pontins and The Scottish Open. We also have a healthy concert schedule.

The bandroom is easy to get to either by tram, train or car, and there are cars driving from many different areas of Manchester that would be able to give lifts.

The front row has changed slightly over the past few months with Elaine moving to Leyland and Janine Aston moving down south so if you would like to be part of a young, enthusiastic front row and help lead a cornet section that was rated as one of the best at pontins, then please contact either myself on 07970 787614 or James Holt on 07834 705249.

Tim Hynd

18. Principal cornet required, Besses o'th' Barn band

Besses o'th' Barn band invite applications for a principal cornet player.

For an informal discussion or further details (in strict confidence) please contact Richard Cookson by PM or telephone James Holt 07834 705249

Richard.

(Chairman, Besses o'th' Barn)

19. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Besses O' Th' Barn North West 1st Section Require

Hi All,

Besses O' Th' Barn, NW 1st Section require the following players to complete our line up for our assault on the first section.

Soprano
    Horn
    Bb Bass

We have a new conducting duo of John Hinkley and Ewan Easton and are looking to fill the ranks to ensure a successful year for the band. We rehearse in Whitefield off Junction 17 of the M60 motorway, on Tuesday's and Thursday's 20.00-22.00. We are looking forward this year to some successful contest and concert performances and enjoy a great social side to our banding.
    If you're up for the challenge then please contact me on
    jholt963@btinternet.com
    or

Cheers

20. Immense_Mark

Immense_Mark Member

Horns needed for Area!

Hey guys need help!

Besses O' Th' Barn need two horn players to fill the seats for the areas, solo and 1st horn seats to be precise. It'll be first section so that wonderful piece by Eric Ball, Wayfarer.

If you live in the north west and are willing to help 'em out, please please reply to this thread or email me! (Harrison@classicfm.net)

Thanks guys, I know i can count on you to help a friend in need.

21. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Cornet & Euphonium NW Area

Besses O' Th' Barn invite applications for the following:

Principal Cornet
    Euphonium

We rehearse in Whitefield just off junction 17 of the M60, good Bus and Metro Links. We are currently building for the future and are looking for committed people up for the challenge of returning this historic band to its former glories.
    We enjoy a good social side of banding and if you're interested you can contact me on

jholt963@btinternet.com

hope to hear from you soon

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines, PB, Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2007
  22. MattB

MattB Member

Besses O' Th' Barn Band (Whitefield, Manchester) require the following players to complete the band under new MD Carl Whiteoak:

Soprano
    Repiano
    2nd Cornet
    2nd Baritone
    2nd Trombone
    BBb Bass

The band will be 2nd section as of January 09, with high confidence of returning to the 1st section at the first time of asking.

We rehearse Tues & Thurs 8-10 in our famous bandroom, 2 mins from junction 17 of the M60.

We have much to look forward to in the coming months, including contesting, gala concerts and the Spring Festival, not to mention Whit Friday.

For further information please either PM me or send an email to secretary Daisy Johnston at daisy42@yahoo.com. All enquiries will be treated in the strictest of confidence.

Thanks for reading!

Matt Bailey
    Chair, Besses O' Th' Barn.