Besses Conductor

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tubaplayer, Feb 11, 2004.

1. tubaplayer

tubaplayer Member

The Besses band recenty performed a concert at Glossop Band club. I was very impressed with the band and I must say, that I was very surprised to see such a young man at the helm. He seemed in good control and didn't appear to be flustered. Unfortunately I did not get to speak to him after the concert, but I was wondering if anyone had any information about the young man. I would be very keen to find out his age, because I haven't seen anyone as young conducting a top flight band.

Many thanks

R. P.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Besses
    R.P.
    Glossop Band club
    Besses Conductor
    Besses band recenty
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

4. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

yep corry is definately one to look out for in the future!
    [blatentplug]As well as being an up an coming conductor he is also a *beep* hot trumpet player, and has recently joined the BrassNeck Quintet on 1st trumpet![/blatentplug]

5. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

He's in the NABBC finals too isn't he?

6. Gorgie boy

Gorgie boy Member

He is in the NABBC finals and he is a ---- hot player! I would refer to him as the man who knows everyone. One to watch in the future and a good guy to boot.

Paul Drury

7. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

Jonathan is also the Sop player with Fuoco brass and will be playing Sop at the areas whilst Steve Sykes wags.

8. tubaplayer

tubaplayer Member

Mr. Corry's Age

Can anyone confirm if there has ever been a condutor younger than Mr J. Corry, conducting a top flight band. I am led to believe he is only in his early twenties. Is there anybody younger???

9. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Catherine Underwood was 22 or so when she took over at Kidlington. Think that must be a record for a woman at least.

Depends if "top flight" is as broad a definition as "top section"...

Dave

10. tubaplayer

tubaplayer Member

But I am not sure top section is a definition itself. I was led to believe it is Championship section. By top flight, I mean a band in the championship section!!

11. Mark Bousie

Mark Bousie Member

I'm pretty sure Gary Cutt was in his early 20s when he started taking top section bands. Also, think Mark Bentham was taking Ever Ready around the age of 21/22. Would anyone like to confirm or deny?!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Besses
    R.P.
    Glossop Band club
    Besses Conductor
    Besses band recenty
  13. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

i'll abstain

14. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yea I know Garry was 21/22 when he first started taking Wingates.
    Not sure about Mark Bentham though

15. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Mike Fowles led Point of Ayr to 3rd place in the Europeans and some fantastic results when he was in his 20's.

16. Chuckles-tuba

Chuckles-tuba Member

Way to go Mango!!

I have known JWC for years from when I attended the Belfast Temple Music Camp and he must of been about 9 then.

He has worked hard at what he does and deserves to do well.

I won't pay too many more compliments or he might get big headed.