Besses Boys Band -Whitefield, Manchester

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Band_Beefcake, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Due to players moving on to university Besses Boys invite applications for the following

Eb bass
    Bb bass

Despite the historic name the band has a mix of male and female players of varying ages. There are new York basses (less than two years old) for succesful applicants.
    The band enjoy a reasonable schedule of concerts and contesting. We have qualified for the national finals for the last two years, this year as Area champions.

Interested parties can pm me or email Jholt963@btinternet.com

Thanks

2. fatcontroler

fatcontroler Member

Recommendation

I noted from seeing this band that there really are a variety of ages in the band - it is not to be seen as a youth band as historically they may have been in the past. An exellent conductor also, so I recommend any players to this band:clap:

3. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Following another excellent contest win at Wilkinsons the band invite applications for the following players to join us as we enter the third section from January 2012

Solo Euphonium
    Eb/Bb Bass

The band have had a fantastic 2011 winning Preston, Wilkinsons and the Area as well as competing at the National Finals in Cheltenham. Instruments are available for the successful applicants (Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium and York Preference basses all just over 2 years old)
    We have a nice mix of youth and experience and enjoy regular concert and contest performances, we have two new CD recordings in the pipeline as well as a tour in 2012.

For details you can contact me on

07794660196 or jholt963@btinternet.comA

All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.