Besses Boys Band Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Band_Beefcake, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Edit: For current vacancies and contact details see most recent posts

Hi all,

Besses Boys band 4th section North west area are requiring the following players;

Bb Cornet

1st Horn

Eb/Bb Bass

Tuned percussion

All players welcome, we are a friendly 4th section band based in Prestwich in Bury, we rehearse on a monday and friday 7.15-9.15 and from 9.15-late all are welcome to the pub(if old enough!) The main are hoping to do some good concert performances as well as contesting and there are plansfor two cd's this year and aband tour next year. If interested contact me on jholt963@btinternet.com for more information

looking forward to seeing you at rehearsal :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2008
  2. eflatbassman

eflatbassman New Member

You have my interest !

Please can you contact me at hornman@ntlworld.com with regard to the Eb bass vacancy...thanks

3. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Horn, Bass player? Come and join one of the most up and coming 4th section bands

Besses boys band 4th section north west area require the following players

Horn

Eb/Bb Bass

Tuned Percussion

The band rehearse on a monday and friday 7.15 - 9.15 in Prestwich J17 M60. The band have many exciting concert and contest performances coming up including Pontins and Wilkinsons, we have 2 C.D. recordings in the pipe line and a tour to France next year. The band is a very friendly band with a busy social calender. All applications welcomed. All those interested can contact me in the strictest confidence via pm, email, or 07834705249
    Give us a call, you know you want to :clap:

4. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Basses and horn needed at Boys Band

Besses Boys band 4th section based in Prestwich 10 mins from manchester city centre require the services of a Bb and Eb bass players to complete our hard working section. We already have one of each and are looking to complete the row. we also require the service o a first horn player to complete our horn section. Many upcoming things for the band Pontins, Wilkinsons, a C.D. recording and a tour to France next year. All players welcome to come down for a blow at rehearsals on Mondays and Fridays 7.15 - 9.15. Really friendly bunch with huge potential for progression.

Anyone interested can pm me or email holty84@hotmail.com , all enquires will be treated in the stricktest of confidence.

Thanks
    :clap:

5. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Players needed due to some leaving for Uni, North West 4th section

Due to some players leaving to go to uni Besses Boys Band, a band with good prospects in the fourth section has thefollowing vacancies

Front row Cornet
    2nd Cornet
    1st Horn
    Eb/Bb Bass
    Tuned percussion

The band enjoy a busy schedule of concerts and contests as well as many social events such as BBQ's and Party's. We have many exciting things in the pipeline such as a CD and a tour to France. The band rehearse in Prestwich just off the M60 jct 17 on a Monday and Friday night 7.15 - 9.15. Anyoneinterested can contact me on Jholt963@btinternet.com. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. So come down for a blow or bang it's be gr8 to see you.

All players welcome and anyone out there wanting to learn can come along to our training band.
    Thanks

6. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Brass players out there the 4th section NEEDS YOU!

Besses Boys Band, progressive 4th section band invite applications for the following seats due to players leaving for University

Tutti Solo Cornet
    Euphonium
    1st Horn
    Eb/Bb Bass

We are a very friendly band that have a fantastic social life. We have hopes of a cd recording and some great contest performances coming up, including Pontins. We rehearse in Prestwich (5-10 mins from Manchester, just off Junct. 17 M60) on a Monday & Friday 7.15pm - 9.15pm. Many social events throughout the year, come down for a blow and make friends for life.
    Anyone interested can pm me or email jholt963@btinternet.com
    All welcome, looking forward to hearing from you, come down for a blow :D

7. Immense_Mark

Immense_Mark Member

Fun 4th Section band asking for other players to share all our fun with!

Hello all

I'm a first time tMP user and thought i might as well try this out.

Currently im a member of the Besses Boys Brass Band in the north west, prestwich, near tesco, opposite the bombay plaza, next to the red lion Pub ( more details if you want them! :p ).

We alwasy have fun working towards contests and doing concerts. We have many reliable players but always end up getting deps in for lots of things. We really would like some players to join us full time.
    We rehearse mondays and fridays, 7:15 --> 9:15, we are players between 13 and 18, plus you will not avoid having the maximum amount of fun possible with our MD, the legendary James Holt.

We currently need:

1st Horn

4th "PERSON" down tutti cornet ( shouldn't be "man" down in my opinion, just as good female cornet players in this world )

2nd Euphonium

Eb bass

Bb Bass

PLEEEEEASE reply as soon as you can. We would love to hear from you. If not on hear then email me: Eb_for_life@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon :)

Mark Harrison

8. Immense_Mark

Immense_Mark Member

You don't even have to join yourself if you're reading this, would want to , but can't, see if you can think of anyone you know! Suggest other people! This is very serious so don't make a mockery out of it.

Thanks everyone, please recommend yourself or other people, we'd love to hear from you as quickly as possible

9. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Brass Players, The 4th Section NEEDS YOU!

Hi all,
    I am MD of Besses Boys Band a NW, 4th section band, based in Prestwich 5 mins out of Manchester city centre. Following some players going to university and others moving on to pastures green the band have to following vaccancies;

Tutti Solo Cornet
    Solo/1st Horn
    2nd Bari
    Eb/Bb Bass
    Percussion

The band consists of many younger players with a few 'old heads', the band could do with some experienced players to fill these vaccancies to help bring on the stars of tomorrow, though youthful talent is also welcome. We have an exciting 2006 planned which includes many concerts, contests, a CD recording and a tour to France, and maybe with a bit of luck a promotion to the 3rd section. We rehearse in Prestwich on a Mon and Fri evening 7.15 - 9.15 pm All applications will betreated in the strictst confidence so come down for a blow and make friends for life.
    cheers
    James
    :icon_cheesygrin:

10. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

NW 4th Section requires following :)

Besses Boys band are a 4th section band based in the North west area just off th M60 motorway junction 17.
    The band are certainly moving in the right direction last year at the area they were 12th outof 15, this year 9th out of 22, then at Tameside last year 6th out of 8, this year 5th out of 13 :clap:
    We have a busy social schedule and the odd concert and contest slotted in where possible :)
    Up coming events include a CD recording, buxton contest, pontins, wilkinsons and many more with a tour lined up for 2007.
    To complet our line up we require the following players;
    Repiano
    2nd bari
    Eb bass
    Kit percussion

anyone interested can call me on 07834705249, all enquires will be treated in the strictest of confidence, hope to hear from you!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Comic Sans MS
    Bb Bass
    size
    font
    year
  12. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Brass Players up to the challenge for 2007 :)

Hi All,

Besses Boys band, a 4th section band based in prestwich 10 mins outside of Manchester, are looking for the following players to complete our line up for 2007.

Euphonium
    Eb Bass
    Bb Bass

We rehearse on a Mon and Fri night with great transport links for both bus, train and tram into and out of Manchester and easy to get to by car, just off junction 17 of M60. 2007 is an exciting prospect from the band continuing our work off 2006. Highlights to look forward to include, 2 cd recordings, a tour, as well as many great contests (Preston, Area, Buxton, Pontins, Wilkinsons etc.) and many popular concerts to come. We are a friendly band and enjoy a great social life, we have players ranging from 10 to 43. All welcome, you can reply here of pm me or email available on jholt963@btinternet.com

we also have a band website you can check out
    www.bessesboysband.com

Looking forward to hearing from you

Cheers

13. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Northwest 4th Section, Are you up for the challenge

Hi All,

Besses boys band are a North West Area 4th Section band based in Prestwich just outside Manchester just of Junction 17 of the M60. We have great local transport links to get to the town centre. We are an ambitious band that require the following players to complet our line for the year ahead.

2nd Baritone
    Eb Bass
    Bb Bass

We have had a good 2006 including a win at Buxton contest, Winning the fourth section @ Buxton entertainments as well as achieving the most points for entertainment in the competition and a 2nd place at Wilkinsons.
    We are hoping to build on this success in 2007 with many exciting projects in the pipeline. Come down for a blow and lets see how things go :p

All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence

You can contact me on
    jholt963@btinternet.com

Cheers

14. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Besses Boys Band needs you!

Hi All,

Besses boys band a friendly ambitious 4th section band based in Prestwich just outside Manchester requires the following players due to university relocation:

Solo Euphonium
    Baritone
    Eb & Bb Bass
    Kit Percussion

We have a busy schedule coming up including Pontins and Butlins contests, we plan to so another cd next year. We have a good social side to band and welocome anyone who feels up to the challenge of moving this great band onwards and upwards. We have a core of youthful players and require some experience to sure up the ranks. Despite how the name may sound we welcome all people of any sex or age and would love to see you down at band.
    We rehearse on Mondays and Fridays 19.15-21.15, just off junction 17 of the M60, great transport links, would love to hear from you.
    You can contact me by phone or email on the below details
    Look forward to hearing from you

James

jholt963@btinternet.com

15. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Besses Boys Band - Horn players Required

Hi,

Besses Boys Band, NW 4th Section are currently looking to fill their remaining vaccancies and require Tenor Horn players.
    We rehearse in Whitefield, Manchester great transport links for M60, Train, Bus, and Tram.
    We enjoy a great social side to banding whilst maintaing a hard work ethic to improve.
    Any one interested can email me (jholt963@btinternet.com) or pm me.

James

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2008
  16. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Besses Boys - Vacancies

Besses Boys Band currently have the following vaccancies (For both mal and female applicants :D )

Tenor Horn
    Bb Bass

We are currently working towards appearances at Fleetwood, Pontins and Wilkinsons Contests and have almost a full compliment of players. We also have various concerts in and around the local community. We enjoy a good social side to banding as well as focusing on our main aims oif improvement and progression. We rehearse at Besses Bandroom, 2 Moss Lane, Whitefield.
    We rehearse on Monday and Friday nights 7.15-9.15.
    Anyone interested can come down for a blow or contact me on
    jholt963@btinternet.com
    All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence

James

Edit: threads merged

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2008
  17. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Besses Boys Band NW 4th Section - Vacancies

Besses Boys Band, a North West 4th Section band currenly have the following vacancies:

Principal Cornet
    Bb Bass
    Kit Percussion

We are a friendly band based in Whitfield just of Junction 17 of the M60 motorway. We have an exciting 2009 planned including concerts over the region and contests including Preston contest and the areas at Blackpool.

Anyone interest can reply to the thread, pm me, or contact me on jholt963@btinternet.com

Cheers

James

18. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Northwest 4th Section Opportunites

Besses Boys Band, a 4th section band in Whitefield just outside Manchester, has the following vacancies to fill for the area contest and beyond.

Cornet (position to suit ability)
    Tenor Horn
    Baritone

The band is situated 2 mins off junction 17 of the M60 motorway and has excellent transport links for bus, train and metrolink. We are a friendly band and enjoy the social side of banding as well as the concert/contest prep.
    The band has plans for contesting at Preston, the area and beyond as well as a busy concert schedule. There are also plans for a CD recording this year and a tour in Europe in 2011. Anyone interested can contact me on jholt963@btinternet.com

Looking forward to hearing from you!

James

19. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Players Required - Besses Boys Band

Due to movements within the band the Besses Boys Band require the following players to complete their line up for the Area Contest:

Tenor Horn
    Tenor Trombone
    Bb Bass

The band enjoy a busy mix of concerts, contests and socialing. We are graded fourth section and are based 2 mintues of junction 17 of the M60 motorway. Rehearsals are Monday & Friday 19.15 - 21.15

all applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.

Thanks

20. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Besses Boys Band a NW 4th section band currently have the following vacancies:

Tenor Horn
    Trombone
    Bb Bass

We are based in Whitefiled with great transport links for motorway, bus, metrolink and rail. We rehearse from 7.15 - 9.15 Monday and Fridays in our own bandroom. We are a friendly band that enjoy a great social side to banding as well as concerts and contests throughout the year. Planned for this year are many concerts and contests including a trip to the 4th section National Finals in Harrogate. Anyone interested can pm me or email jholt963@btinternet.com

All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.

Thanks