Berry Hill Band new M.D.

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Forest Gump, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Forest Gump

Forest Gump Member

I would like to announce that after many years of service Tony higgins has decided to hang up his baton, the band would like to thank Tony for his excellent leadership and wish him all the best in the future.
    Due to Tony's departure we have appointed a new M.D, Sarah Hall who has taken over on the stick. Sarah is head of music at Chepstow Comprehensive School, she has a degree in music from Cardiff University and has conducted various orchestras.
    I'm sure this is going to be a successful partnership and many thanks to Sarah for taking on the challenge.
  2. weenie

weenie Member

Well I'm sure we all wish Tony a happy retirement from wagging and best of luck to everyone at Berry Hill Band. Was good to see the band competing again at the GBBA Entertainments Contest the other week. Push on from here!!
  3. Forest Gump

Forest Gump Member

Thanks for the comments but i think and hope Tony will still be involved in banding in the forest, must say thanks to him again a hell of a nice bloke. Hopefully we can build a stonger band around this exciting young conductor.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  4. davethehorny

davethehorny Member

Great to see the band playing at the GBBA again.

Lets hope we see you all at Torquay next year. Remember you have a lot more players (we only had six) than Drybrook did in 2000 and seven years on we are now in the Third Section with two National Finals behind us.

There is nothing like an enthusiastic young MD to get things moving.

Best of luck for the future.
  5. Forest Gump

Forest Gump Member

cheers dave