Ben Croston - best wishes please

Discussion in 'Obituaries - Unregistered visitors can post here' started by euphfanhan, Feb 2, 2007.

1. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

I have just found out that Ben Croston, one of our Bb bass players, was in a car accident this morning and was airlifted to hospital and is now in Preston Critical Care Unit.
    Ben has been in the band for the past 13 years, and is a fantastic musician and one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.
    He played for Loughborough Band and Hathern Band whilst at University before returning to Pilling Band where he became the webamster and Junior Band rep as well as playing principal Bb bass.
    He has made a lot of friends in the banding world, and any wishes and thoughts would be greatly appreciated by his family and Pilling Band.
    More news will be posted when we know more.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Ben Croston
    Bb
    Pilling Band
    Preston Critical Care Unit
    Hathern Band
  3. Di

Di Active Member

What very sad news. Here's my best wishes for a full recovery.

4. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Yes, heard about this at band last night, He'll have to recover to keep his brewery going!

Best wishes to Ben and his family from all at Freckleton Band.

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

We wish Ben a full and speedy recovery - form all of us here at tMP.

6. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

Thinking of him and his family at this terrible time.
    Love and blessings to all.

April and Julian
    xx

7. ohIdoliketobe

ohIdoliketobe New Member

Having just heard the news, on behalf of all the members of Blackpool Brass can I add our best wishes for Ben and a speedy recovery.

Stuart Ward
    President,
    Blackpool Brass

8. rutribal

rutribal Member

Best wishes matey. I hope that you get better real soon. Ben is one of the loveliest people i know and he looked after me (with his brother) when I started secondary school. Best wishes to Ben, Tim and family.

Love Sian (Flugel) and everyone at Sellers International!

9. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Just a quick update - Ben has been steadily improving over the last month and was allowed home to his parent's today. He is finally able to eat without the aids of tubes and, according to the nurses, is eating everything in sight, which can only be a good thing!
    Unfortunately he won't be playing with us at the Areas tomorrow...some people will do anything to get out of a contest! :rolleyes: