Beginning of 'Voyage of Discovery'

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Redhorn, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Be honest, how many of your cornet sections out there can play the beginning of Voyage of Discovery, with all playing in unison?!?!?!?.....

Anyone mastered it yet?

Any hints?

Our lower brass seem to have it cracked, but the cornet section are playing it in bit more of a 'serialist' style at the moment. :D

Good piece, still waiting for the 'tune' to happen though! :tongue:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Voyage of Discovery
    :D
    beginning of Voyage of Discovery
    serialist
    lower brass
  3. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

We have still my Birthday yet and Christmas before we start to look at it.:)

Also we have got Butlins Contest as well to do, plus i might have won the Lottery before i have got to play it.:confused:
    We have got the parts but to be 100% honest with you it will not be a easy push over piece for any 1st section band at all, probably the most hardest we have since the 1st section area was set up.
    I play 2nd Baritone and that looks pretty damn hard but no doubt i will practise like hell to play my part as i always do.:woo :guiness :tup
    Never gone on a contset with out not been able to play my part:tup

4. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

I'm sure our 'expert' cornet section will rattle it off with minimal trouble...after months of hard practice.

Sounds a pretty good piece, audience and rehearsal friendly and a good challenge for all the bands. Look forward to getting my teeth stuck into it.
    Here's hoping the voyage is a pleasant one! :biggrin:

5. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I think the bass part is really awkward in the first section. Those semiquavers are totally illogical until you get to the 5/4 bar and I'm having my work cut out trying to get my fingers round the bar before the 5/4.

I also think the bit at N is ****. I've almost convinced myself that corys use their euphs on the recording.:mad:

Does anyone know anything about the 2nd bar of S (I think) where the Eb Basses have a D and the BBbs have a G (2nd half of the bar. It sounds foul on the recordings I have heard. Is the man on here?

6. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

7. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

8. persins

persins Member

9. Cochyn

Cochyn Member

The piece in great IMO, a bit jealous the Cornets have the fun runs at the start...but I'm dealing with it! LOL

So far, band is doing well with it, just the bass section obviously hate it! LOL

10. lausonbass

lausonbass Member

our bass section don't hate it yet we still just laugh at th enasty bits but as we only have 6 weeks till our first contest with it we must stop laughing soon.

have a bass sectional tonight :frown:

the bit at N is a lovely bass bit though !! yay a bass soli

11. Cochyn

Cochyn Member

which in our case, NOOOO a Bass solo! LOL

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Voyage of Discovery
    :D
    beginning of Voyage of Discovery
    serialist
    lower brass
  13. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Well i have had my birthday and not yet won the lottery but have got promoted to Solo Baritone:biggrin: .
    Still Butlins contest to get sorted yet next week:clap: :D

14. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Clearly this is an old thread from before we started the Area 2006 forums that has been resurrected. I will lock this thread now and please can we ask you all to limit posts about your respective Area pieces to the "area test pieces 2006" thread found in the new forum. Thanks

Ian
    on behalf of the tMP team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.