Beginner / Student Instruments

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by stotty74, Oct 24, 2006.

1. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Hi
    Has anyone had any experience with the Rosetti make of Tenor Horns / Baritones? I am trying to get quotes on a number of instruments for our training band, and this model seems to be the cheapest. If the quality is good, then i have no problem buying them, but i have never seen/played one before. The equivalent Jupiter/Besson models seem to be £200+ more than the Rosetti. We do have a bit of money available, so i have no problem spending on the higher priced makes, but if they are good beginner instruments i can get more of them.
    Also looking at cornets aswell, but again not sure which are the best ones to go for.
    Any advice?
    Thanks

2. postie

postie Member

Not too much knowledge of Rosetti instruments. You could also consider Virtusoi's they have got a wide range of beginner/student instruments. We started our junior band in May and received a grant and bought Jupiter's. The market does seem to be getting a big bigger though which is good and allows more choice.

3. Lawrencediana

Lawrencediana Member

You could try stagg intruments they are not perfect but I bought a couple through ebay and they certainly can stand the rigours of training band

4. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

I can strongly recommend the Virtuosi Tenor Horns My daughter players the Intermediate model and I have played on it and it is great