Beer drinkers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, May 21, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    empties
    replacement
    need
    Beer drinkers
    need of replacement
  3. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

:D woohoo!

I'll drink (cheaply) to that! :guiness

4. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Maybe I'm just sceptical but wont this just mean more profit for the pubs? Can't see them lowering their prices. Certainly wont be the full discount they have recovered.

I went to one of my locals the other day and Carlsberg Export used to be £2:35 a pint. Within the space of a month this had gone up to £2:75! Thats a higher rate of increase than house prices!

I embarrasingly handed over a fiver for 2 pints only to see the barman looking for an extra 50p. :oops:

Not keen on drinking there any more.

Igg

5. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

£2.75 a pint?!? Where are you drinking? Buckingham Palace's bar?!? :p

6. six pints

six pints Active Member

long live collingwood college bar- £1.30 carlsberg, £1.50 stella and brown ale, £1.50 for alcopop sugary shit, and all this 10m from my bed! :D :guiness

7. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :D

:terrier :guiness

8. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Oh no, this means i might be able to afford my round when going to the pub with band! :shock: :p

9. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

The most expensive pint I've ever bought was when I went out with a mate who works near Canary Warf - £3:20 a pint - Ouch! There were about 15 of us alltogether - I had to extend my overdraft before I bought a round :cry: :evil:

10. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Well of course, the prices go up by a minimum of 50p in Cornwall at the start of the tourist season! :lol:

11. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

My flatmate apparantly pays over £3 a pint at home in Bournemouth. But still, £2.75 is shocking. I complain when I go home and have to pay over £2 a pint! But with uni pub prices! :lol:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    empties
    replacement
    need
    Beer drinkers
    need of replacement
  13. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

The local Band Hall is where I do most my drinkin'!! Beer is $2 and Bourbon and Coke is $3. Soft drinks are $1.

14. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Of course the value of an Australian Dollar means not a lot to most of us! :oops:
    At my band club at home (where I worked) Bitter was between £1.30 and 1.60 a pint and lager was between £1.65 and £1.95 (for fizzy pap like Kronenbourg - yes I know it's probably spelt wrong, but I don't much care), while a Vodka/Bacardi/Gin/whatever and Lemonade/Coke/Soda was in the region of £1.35! Bargain! Soft drinks were between 53 and 60p per half pint. :p

15. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Golden rule when your drinking in rounds, make sure everyone buys them first, then by the time it comes to you, they'll be too pissed and you can argue you've already bought a round :D

16. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

10 Meters from your bed wow :shock: :shock:

Can i come and live with you :) please :terrier

17. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

What!!! 10m!!!! Oh i don't want to crawl that far :D

Get some of them crappy little kegs of wifebeater and put it on your bedside table... eyyy :tup

18. six pints

six pints Active Member

its propa bo i tell thee!

19. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

10m from the area? then another 10 or so when you get to the basement? when i was at trevs I was only 5 metres from the bar, not the bar area, was quite a good spec to live

20. six pints

six pints Active Member

i mean 10m from the area, i go through the fire exits so no stairs! i cant cope with trevs, too many walls!

21. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I have a bottle of cheap vodka within arms reach of my bed... just for those mornings when I really can't be bothered...

22. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

the problem with trevs is if you get lost, you could be anywhere within a half mile radius on the grounds!

as for alcohol next to the bed, I have: an empty bottle of wine, a full bottle of wine (almost), a wine glass, a 70cl bottle of orange bacardi breezer, a 70cl bottle of blue wicked, a 70cl bottle of smirnoff ice (all three in various stages of drinkedness), between 15 and 20 empty beer bottles, and an empty bottle of calvados (fine apple brandy) :-S