Becontree Brass Band - Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Thomas E, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Bring on the area's!

Becontree Brass Band is delighted to announce that it is now up to full strength for the forthcoming areas contest at Stevenage, on March 20th.

We are proud to be able to announce the following signings:
    Stuart Jenkins, Tony Rickard, and Kathryn Green on Solo Cornet.
    Simon White and Paul Waldron on 2nd Cornet.
    Paul Hambleton on Flugelhorn.
    Chris Ford on percussion.

We wish our current Principal Cornet Chris Storey (and Erin!) 'all the best' as his 2nd baby is due on or around the date of the contest, and so is unable to play with us!

We are also pleased to welcome back to the band Les Shadrake on BBb Bass, Liz Chisholm on 3rd Cornet, and Adrian Davoll on 3rd Cornet.

Permanent vacancies on Soprano Cornet and Solo Cornet arise AFTER the area contest. Anyone interested in joining this forward thinking band, with a great bandroom atmosphere, as we enter our 25th Anniversary year, should contact me on bbbrec@tiscali.co.uk

2. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

THREAD UPDATED WEDS 12th APRIL 2006. PLEASE READ BELOW

So, you've been in that band for years and years- you played in the regionals this year and then thought to yourself 'Gosh, I think its time for a change'.....

Does it ring a bell?

If you can answer YES to the above question, and you want to come and join a fun band with a great atmosphere- but also a band that takes its music seriously (yeah, honest!) then why not come and join us at Becontree Brass Band (MD Graham 'Garry' Sheldon) !

As you may have read elsewhere we've recently recruited Alan Duguid to our band as Solo Cornet and Assistant MD- well, none of us can understand a word he says- but if you fancy trying to work it out for yourselves then COME AND JOIN US!

We currently have vacancies for the following:

A 2nd or 3rd CORNET PLAYER
    A PERCUSSIONIST (tuned or non-tuned, we don't care!)

The band has a reasonably busy 25th Anniversary year lined up, with various local contests, a CD recording, a weekend in Bournemouth, some wildly differing concerts on the horizon, and a trip to the Nationals at Harrogate......
    DOH... scrap that last bit!!

If you fancy a change, or just want to come and see what we're like- email me on bbbrec@tiscali.co.uk or PM me.

Becontree Brass Band. "No-one (adjudicators!) likes us, we don't care!"
    The 'Other' band in Redbridge!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

If I hadn't moved to sunny Somerset, I'd come and play back row cornet for you. Bored with solo horn now, in fact bored with banding altogether, down this way. No decent bands within miles!! :)

4. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Free Beer

....is something that we can't offer you- but thanks for looking at this thread anyway! ;)

BECONTREE BRASS BAND (London & Southern Counties 1st Section) are actively looking for players of the following instruments:

2nd CORNET
    BBb BASS
    PERCUSSION (tuned or un-tuned, or both!)

We have a busy schedule lined up, including several prestigious outdoor summer gigs. We are also taking part in the SCABA Contest in Crawley in May, the SCABA Contest in Folkestone in the Autumn, a weekend away in Bournemouth, three big concerts this year, and a CD recording.

Our website is currently down as its being upgraded, but if you want to know more information please talk to me (or to fellow members on this site: Cornetcheese, Laserbeam Bass, Brassbailey, Baritone Elvis, KJM, Resus)

We are a band that prides ourselves on enjoying what we do; mixing fun with serious music making. Over the last few years we have attracted several quality new players to the band and a well known and hardworking MD. We had a very disappointing result at the areas, which didnt truly reflect on the hard work or the ability of the band- so don't let that put you off. We laugh about it now! (Although Mr Horsfield won't be getting a Christmas card from us!) :p

If you are in anyway interested- please get in touch!

5. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Very Sneaky! ;)

6. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Blimey, you mods dont miss a trick!! ;-)

7. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

And another one bites the dust!!!!

Lady Luck has this morning taken another 'below the belt' punch at us!

We urgently require the following top quality players for permanent positions within the band:

A FLUGEL HORN OR SOPRANO CORNET

A TUTTI SOLO CORNET

A 2nd CORNET

A BBb BASS

A TUNED and an UNTUNED PERCUSSIONIST.

Please apply in confidence by email or by PM.

We also seek any cornet or percussionists who may be registered elsewhere but fancy competing at the SCABA Entertainments contest with us, in Crawley, May 21st.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  8. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

London/essex/kent/hertfordshire/suffolk

We currently attract players from all the above areas- and as Essex's leading 1st section band we are now looking to recruit more first rate musicians.

Our results this year have been a little disappointing, and somewhat misleading- thats because we've spent the last few months going through a time of re-building and growth. In order to complete our line up we need to fill the following vacancies:

BECONTREE BRASS BAND (London & Southern Counties 1st Section)

• SOPRANO CORNET (from August 2006)
    • TUTTI SOLO CORNET
    • 3rd CORNET
    • BBb BASS
    • PERCUSSION (two players required- tuned & un-tuned)
    Please apply in strict confidence, or have a chat to me- by emailing bbbrec@tiscali.co.uk or sending me a PM.

(We are also really looking forward to welcoming 'Rebolina' to the 2nd Cornet section in September 2006!!! Thanks for choosing us!)

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  9. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Moving to London to work or study?

We are looking for players of the following parts, to complete our line up:

2nd Cornet
    3rd Cornet
    1st Horn
    BBb Bass
    Percussion

Also get in touch if you're a Solo Cornet, or Soprano... we might be able to sort something out.

We have a busy season ahead, including the Butlins Mineworkers competition in January.

10. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Becontree Brass Band, London/Essex. Euph/Bari

Becontree Brass Band (London/Essex) seeks a first class Principal Euphonium, to fill a vacant position from November 06.

Rehearsals take place on Monday Evenings, in Barnardos HQ, Barkingside. 30 mins out of London on the central line, 20 minutes from the M25, 5 mins from the North Circular Road.

We are also still auditioning for Principal Cornet players, not too late to apply if you're interested. We have a policy of welcoming enquiries from players of ALL instruments, and would be particularly pleased to hear from any bassists or percussionists seeking a change of direction.

We are currently competing in the 1st Section, but our aim is to go onwards and upwards! We have a busy schedule lined up, including participating at the Butlins Mineworkers Competition in January.

CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 23rd OCTOBER 2006

For more information, look on our website: www.becontreebrassband.co.uk or PM me, or email dh@becontreebrassband.co.uk

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  11. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Becontree Brass Band, Essex/NE London. Cornet, Baritone, Percussion.

Becontree Brass Band [www.becontreebrassband.co.uk]

Required:
    We require a TUTTI SOLO CORNET, 3rd CORNET, 2nd BARITONE, & PERCUSSION.We have 2 major concerts coming up, and participation at Butlins Mineworkers Contest. We also welcome enquiries from other players, particularly bassists.
    EMAIL
    info@becontreebrassband.co.uk
    Brand new website: www.becontreebrassband.co.uk
    We are a good band, and have fun too!
    Based on London/Essex border,5mins from Central Line tube station

(Or PM me!)

12. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Solo Horn Player Vacancy, Becontree Brass, London/Essex

BECONTREE BRASS BAND (London & Southern Counties 1st Section)REQUIRE THE PERMANENT SERVICES OF A:

FIRST RATE SOLO HORN PLAYER

From End of January 2007

Vacancies also exist for: Tutti Solo Cornet, 3rd Cornet, Percussion.

The band has a busy schedule lined up, and is very much looking forward to 2007 under a very good (to be announced soon) and famous Professional Conductor.
    Becontree has seen a lot of changes this year (mainly due to player relocation, family/work committments, and student life!), but this should be viewed positively as the band now takes shape to mount its challenge towards Championship Section status.

If you are interested, please either PM me, or email dh@becontreebrassband.co.uk

13. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Percussionist required/L&SC/1st Section

Becontree Brass Band require a percussionist for the areas.

Please see:

www.becontreebrassband.co.uk

for more details, or alternative me send me a PM :)

14. kjm

kjm Member

Becontree Brass Band, L&SC, 1st, Solo Cornets / Tutti Cornets/ Solo Horn / Percussion

Becontree Brass band are URGENTLY looking to recruit the following players

Solo Cornets
    Tutti Cornets
    Solo horn
    Percussion

We rehearse once a week at Barnardos in Barkingside from 8pm - 10pm, just by the tube station on the central line.

We are also please to be working with our new conductor - Graham Chambers.

Please kindly apply by sending me a private message.

More details about the band can be found at www.becontree.org

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines, PB, Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2007
  15. kjm

kjm Member

URGENT - Calling all Cornet Players - London/Essex

Becontree Brass Band (!st Section) URGENTLY seek committed cornet players both Solo and Tutti to complete our line up.

We rehearse once a week at Barnardos in Barkingside from 8pm - 10pm, just by the tube station on the central line.

We are also pleased to be working with our new conductor - Graham Chambers.

Please kindly apply by sending me a private message.

More details about the band can be found at www.becontree.org

16. fiona20

fiona20 New Member

Any cornet players or baritone players in London?

Becontree Brass

Becontree Brass, based in Barkingside, Essex require excellent front row cornet players and a Baritone player. We're a friendly, committed and progressive 1st section band with an excellent conductor!

THe band rehearse once a week on Monday, 8-10pm. The nearest tube station is Barkingside which is only 35 mins from the city centre on the Central line!

Feel free to message me if you want more info or alternatively speak to our chariman Alan Flower!

Apply in confidence to Alan Flower.
    E-mail alan.flower@tesco.net

[www.becontree.org/]

17. kjm

kjm Member

Becontree Brass Band seek players in London area..

Becontree Brass Band

Becontree Brass Band, based in Barkingside, Essex require:

Front row cornet player
    Baritone
    Horn (s)
    Percussion

We're a friendly, committed and progressive band (currently 1st Section)with an excellent conductor in Graham Chambers!

THe band rehearse once a week on Monday at Barnardos Village, 8-10pm. The nearest tube station is Barkingside which is only 35 mins from the city centre on the Central line!

We have several engagements over the summer, plus further major concerts planned towards the end of the year.

Feel free to message me if you want more info or alternatively speak to our chariman Alan Flower!

Apply in confidence to Alan Flower.
    E-mail alan.flower@tesco.net

[www.becontree.org/]

18. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

And we don't all speak with exclamation marks at the end of every sentence!

19. Graham Chambers

Graham Chambers New Member

Becontree Band Vacancies

The Becontree Band has vacancies for a front row and a back row cornet, also a percussionist. The band rehearse Monday's at 8pm near to Barkingside Undergrouund Station (East London / Essex). The band were recently placed 4th in the First Section at the Folkestone Contest and winning best bass section and best MD.

Band web site: http://www.becontree.org/

We have some interesting concerts before the end of the year and afterwards contests at Butlins Skegness and the Area in March.

If you are interested please contact MD Graham Chambers at gchambers30@another.com or 07990 913 217.

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
  20. PFmaestro

PFmaestro New Member

The Becontree Band has vacancies for front row cornets and a back row cornet, also a percussionist. The rest of the band has players in all positions! The band rehearse Monday's at 8pm near to Barkingside Underground Station (East London / Essex).

Band web site: http://www.becontree.org/

We have some high profile concerts before the end of the year as well as the Folkestone contest where we came 4th and won Best bass section and best MD, we will also be preparing for Butlins 2010.

If you are interested please contact Phil Fisher (07765861015), email philipf@live.co.uk, or private message me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice