Becontree Brass Band - Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Thomas E, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Thomas E

Thomas E New Member

Becontree Brass band are looking for.............

Edit: for current vacancies, see the most recent posts

Tutti front row cornet :)

Flugel Horn :D

1st Baritone :wink:

We are based at Barnado's in Barkingside Essex and are currently auditioning for a new MD.

We are in the 2nd second nationally and have qualified for the finals 5 times in the last 7 years 8)

As is the norm all players are welcome.

Any queries to myself tom@becontreebrass.co.uk or davidbowman@becontreebrass.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2007
  2. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Becontree Brass: Front row cornet required

The London and Southern Counties 2nd Section Champions, 1st section from January, are inviting applications for a tutti solo cornet player.

We practice on Monday nights from 8-10pm, and are based in Barnado's Curch, Barkingside. Close to the A406, A12, M11 and Barkingside station on the Central Line.

Becontree Band room

Any applications can be made to my self via PM or to Tom@Becontreebrass.co.uk in the strictest confidence.

3. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Calling all Essex boys and girls!

BECONTREE BRASS BAND
    Essex's Premier 1st Section Band

Want to play at the Royal Albert Hall, British Open, European Championships, etc, etc, etc?......

Well we can't promise you those venues, yet! But we have a busy summer calendar- playing at Kenneth More Theatre, Ilford, St. James' Park, Greenwich Park, Windsor, Hatfield House, and EVEN Bulphan! :clap:

We currently have vacancies for cornet players and percussionists. Minimum standard of Grade 6 for back row positions, excellent players sought for front row. (But you don't have to have a bit of paper to prove it!)

Both tuned percussion and a kit player are also required, we have the gear- just need someone with the arms and legs and ability to read music! Come and join a well qualified section, and our current player will be only to keen to share her sweets with you! ;)

We are a progressive band, on the verge of something big!
    Musical Director is Graham Sheldon...... THE Graham Sheldon!
    Practices on Mondays, Barkingside, Ilford.

If you are interested, contact me! We will arrange either an audition or trial period with you.
    Or feel free to just come along for a blow, no strings attached!
    Lifts can be arranged from various places, we have members travelling from all over London and Essex.

We also wear purple jackets, which are nice, and make us look like the people on 'Brassed Off!'
    Theres even a rumour of us getting a cup of tea at half time.....

We're lovely, honest!

Either PM me, or contact me on bbbrec@tiscali.co.uk

4. HBB

HBB Active Member

Oooohhh Get you! :p

5. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Coming to study in London?...

....or moving down south?
    ....or just fancy a change of band?

Becontree Brass Band, currently on the fringe of the Championship section, has vacancies for CORNETS (all parts) and PERCUSSION.

We are situated in Zone 4, within 5 minutes walk of the nearest Central Line underground station.

Please PM or email me for more details. Feel free to come along for a rehearsal, no strings attached.

6. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

[QUOTE Becontree Brass Band, currently on the fringe of the Championship section, etc

This must be the work of an Estate Agent.

On the fringe!!!!!!?

7. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

I take it that you won't be offering your services then ;)

8. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

Are you on the fringe of Barking?

9. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Are you near the west end of Scunthorpe?

10. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Good call, Dave!! :clap:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Cornet Chris Storey
    2nd Cornet.
    Flugelhorn.
    Becontree Brass Band
  12. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

After the geography lesson, can we get back on topic please!!!

13. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

Time to Bale out.

14. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Join the Essex boys!

Becontree band seeks a quality Soprano Cornet player in preparation for our assault on the area's next March, and beyond!
    Mustn't be scared of that 15/16 bar in Voyage of Discovery! ;)

We are also still looking for that illusive 2nd Cornet player, and another person to sit on the 3rd Cornet section.

While we're at it, we need a percussionist to come and steer the section. Preferably a kit player, but hey we're from Essex..... we're easy!:D

We offer an exlusive signing-on package- a free BBB comb and key ring! You don't get that at Aveley&Newham/Redbridge!!! ;)

Our top 2nd Cornet player, Roger Webber (not Webster, although he does look a bit like him in a funny light) is beginning to think people have a problem with him as nobody wants to sit either side of him. We've found him a friend on Repiano, but we'd like to find him another friend. Hes a great bloke, and recently had a letter published in 'Salvationist'.. do come and meet him (and bring your bugle!!)

We're not desparate....much! But I will mention that we have a fair selection of single ladies and available men in the band, And you know what they say about Essex girls! :cool:

How can you now resist?......

I'll get my coat!

15. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Join us and we'll give you cash....

..ew nuts, or pork scratchings, in the pub sometime!

BECONTREE BRASS BAND (London NE/ Essex), L&S.C. 1st Section, URGENTLY require the services of CORNET and PERCUSSION players for our forthcoming assault on the areas (short term) and beyond!

Due to unforeseen circumstances, coincidences, and sheer acts of randomness, we are a bit short of SOLO CORNETS, a 2nd CORNET, and a 3RD CORNET. We could also do with a decent PERCUSSIONIST or 3!

Anyone interested in joining us, whether just for a couple of months or more, should contact me, David, on bbbrec@tiscali.co.uk, or PM me!

16. HBB

HBB Active Member

They're a really friendly bunch when I went to dep for them (although watch out for Tom's jokes!). A really nice great sounding band!

17. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Thanks Ben! We'd sound even greater with some cornets! ;)
    As for Toms jokes...... theres some rare old ones on BBB's own forum!

Any spare cornet players at WGC?.....

18. HBB

HBB Active Member

No! We need everyone for the feat that awaits us with Journey to the Centre!

19. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

BBb Bass player possibly required....

...to play with us at the 1st Section Area Contest, on March 19th 2006.

Becontree possibly need the services of a quality BBb Bass player, to help us out at the areas.
    We're definitely a player short, but are awaiting an answer from our first choice dep as to whether he is available to help us out. If hes not we need someone else!

If you think you can help us out on this one occasion- and can get to practices on Sunday 5th March and Sunday 12th March (during daytime), please contact me by email (bbbrec@tiscali.co.uk) or PM.

20. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Vacancy now filled!

21. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Post-'Areas' Vacancies at Becontree

We currently have vacancies on the following parts, commencing after the Areas contest on March 19th.

SOPRANO CORNET
    PERCUSSION
    (and possibly SOLO CORNET)

Anyone interested should write to me, in strictest confidence, at bbbrec@tiscali.co.uk (or PM me)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Cornet Chris Storey
    2nd Cornet.
    Flugelhorn.
    Becontree Brass Band