Beamish Open Air Museum

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by michellegarbutt, Jul 14, 2003.

1. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

On Sunday 27th July Murton Colliery are performing in the park situated in the town end of Beamish. For those who have never been it's a great day out. An entire victorian colliery, village , town, farm and manor house have been recreated. All staff wear full victorian costume. Well worth visiting

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Beamish
    Murton Colliery
    Beamish Open Air Museum
    July Murton Colliery
    entire victorian colliery
  3. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

i heard a number of years ago that they had been banned from selling traditional sweets by the quarter due to EU regulations...... so its not totally authentic :roll:

4. bigcol

bigcol Member

They've also been banned from serving beer to any band members, due to the band members "taking over" the small pub.

Bah humbug!

5. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

people could always change into a local dress

6. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Yes the one belonging to a Geordie Norah Batty - are you there Big G???

7. dave jake

dave jake Member

You can die of thirst,not allowed in the bar anymore and don t even get a cuppa provided. If you want to buy a drink it takes half hour to queue up with a thousand pushing and shoving tourists. Why bother! :x

8. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

No band in the pub? I thought it was supposed to be an authentic experience!

Try sending in the conductor - not in uniform - to order 28 pints of bitter. MD's are always kind hearted and generous - I'm sure he would oblige.

D

9. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Just want to say thanks to Robert John and prudhoe bass for their help today