Be Truthful........

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by a very flat b, Mar 8, 2006.

1. a very flat b

a very flat b Member

Who's viewing and posting on tMP from work, when you should be working?
  2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Me! Well, I should be working, but I am actually at home rather than in the office. However, even when I am in the office I am usually reading and posting on here! But then, I am a tMP saddict... :)
  3. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

4. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Not as much as in the past due to pressure of work. But perhaps the pressure was caused because I was spending too much work time on here in the first place!
  5. HBB

HBB Active Member

Finished at 11.30 today - so am posting at home :)
  6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- If anyone is caught at my place of work using the net for anything apart from business, a severe slap on the wrist is given leading to disciplinary action!
  7. fredders

fredders New Member

I am...theres nowt better than to kick back and come on here in works time! :tongue:
  8. Aaron

Aaron Member

Guilty as charged....although in my defence i dont actually have internet access at home so it is my only chance to keep me finger on the pulse!
    & yes, there is nowt better than kicking nack & browsing in works time!
  9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

no comment. :rolleyes:
  10. a very flat b

a very flat b Member

Now come Craf... we're all friends here:D
  11. Liz Loftus

Liz Loftus Member

Don't know if it counts.......I'm off sick!
    I have a good excuse though, covered by a sicknote
  12. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

Yup.....I work a lot from home, so the laptop's running for work (left eye) and the PC's running tMP (right eye)....blokes can multitask!
  13. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

My house is stated in my contract as my work base, so I'm always posting from work :biggrin:
    Mind you I'm supposed to return to base no earlier than 5.30, whih is another matter!
  14. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

As my role is largely one of simply being here, rather than actually doing anything specific, it's not a problem having one window set for tMP when the computer is on. Just means that I may have to leave it at short notice if anything needs doing, or if everything suddenly goes pear-shaped!
  15. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

Work for BT. They automatically block all .php and any address that contains /vb/
  16. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

That's what it used to be like at my place of work as well.

Now that I am a "gentleman of leisure" (though hopefully not for too much longer) I can post and lurk whenever I want to!
  17. julestools

julestools Active Member

"Gentleman of leisure" eh. I prefer "kept man"
    Been a kept man five months now. Don't want to start work again but.....:(

18. vonny

vonny Member

Well Chunky maybe you should have tried to restrict yourself from spending 'work' time on here. There's no point putting yourself under pressure un-neccessarily - is there?
  19. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

We are allowed to use the internet for personal use only in our own time, ie lunch/breaks. It is closely monitored (work for the authority), however, quite honestly I never normally take a lunch cos I'm sooooooooooo busy! Unlike some of you! ;)
  20. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Hell yes I am. As you may notice by my posting times, I generally only post from my place of employment when I'm on nights. At least being on here gives me a reason to be at work. Only downside is it's dialup here and ADSL at home so really slow :(