Be part of a brand new brass band ... !

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by madandcrazytromboneguy, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madandcrazytromboneguy

madandcrazytromboneguy Member

MESSAGE TO ALL PEOPLE INTERESTED IN COMING DOWN TO HALIFAX'S 1ST REHEARSAL!

A provisional date has been set for our 1st official rehearsal/meeting so if you are interested in coming down to our new band then please let me know as soon as possible so i can give you all the details you will require.

Thanks again to all of you who have expressed an interest either in joining, coming for a rehearsal, or just wishing us good luck!

All your support is very much appreciated and our progress will be updated here on tMP as soon as it happens.

Hope to hear from you all soon

Clive Morris, MD Halifax Brass Band

2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

And the date is....?

3. madandcrazytromboneguy

The date is only provisional so we will not be making it public knowledge until we have it confirmed by all personnel involved.

4. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Wish you every success with this Clive as it is a bold step. However why the mystery over the date!

But as I say good luck with the venture.

5. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

I'm intrigued. I admire you for taking such a big step and wish you every success for it but how is this all being funded.
    Where's the funding coming from for music, band accessories (mutes, music stands etc), percussion, uniforms, rent for bandroom (if applicable), advertising, instruments (cause not everyone owns there own) and all the other costs behind running a brass band??

Like i said hope it works out for you all.

6. madandcrazytromboneguy

I intend on giving the date to the people who are interested in joining or considering joining after attending our rehearsal, our band.

I feel this will be the professional way of doing this, but dont worry, as the progress of the band will be made clear here on tMP as and when it happens.

Thanks Chunky for your support and we'll keep you well informed of our progress.

Thank you also to all who have viewed this thread as it is now over the 1000 mark!

kind regards

7. madandcrazytromboneguy

Im sorry Chris, I can't go into that information right now as its still private band issues, but thanks again for your support in this and we'll keep you up to date with the bands progress.

kind regards

8. madandcrazytromboneguy

can i just ask who's voted this thread anything lower than a 5star?, this thread alone has helped to get us close to a full band, so i think for the effectiveness and also the number of people who have viewed it (well over a 1000 now, over 1200 infact!), that this thread should have a permanent rating of the maximum 5 stars!

yours truely, CLIVE MORRIS, MD HALIFAX BRASS BAND

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Not the number of people who viewed it, but the number of times it has been viewed! It probably includes people who keep on looking to see if you've revealed when the rehearsal is taking place ;)

10. madandcrazytromboneguy

just for 1 post, and yeah this may be a bit hippocritical but im gonna be a MOD!

stick to the topic please peter, theres a good mod now ;)

11. madandcrazytromboneguy

or shall i reword that to, NO SARCASTIC COMMENTS PLEASE PETER, NOW THERES A GOOD MOD.

12. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Spot the topic here...:biggrin:

13. madandcrazytromboneguy

IVE ALWAYS GOT MODS BARKING AT ME ALL THE TIME SO I WAS TAKING THIS OPPORTUNITY TO GET MA OWN BACK, SO JINGLE PLEASE DONT SPOIL THIS MOMENT FOR ME!

now on a more serious, more topical note. lets stick to it now, ALL OF US, INCLUDIN MISELF!

ive had confirmation, 1 way or the other, from the majority of people interested in coming to Halifax Band, but theres still a couple of you yet to talk to me so please get in contact with me either via tMP (PMing me), email (on brassbandzman@yahoo.co.uk), or by giving me a call (on 07921391996), please do this soon as the date of the 1st rehearsal/meeting is not far away now.

cheers, Clive Morris MD Halifax Band

14. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Woof?! Lol i wish you good luck with the band, be good to see your progress.

15. madandcrazytromboneguy

cheers jin, i'll let you know how things go.

thanks to everyone who's wished us good luck with this, the bands progress will be updated here on tMP when it happens. :)

16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Whilst I admit the last part of my post was a little flippant, the first part was making an important point. There is a world of difference between 1000 different people looking at a thread and 30 people turning to it each time one of the 35 posts is added. It would be like saying every time one of your players attends one of your practices it is a new person joining the band, and the bandroom would soon be too small!

But, as you say . . . back on topic ;)

17. tubaloopy

tubaloopy Member

And lets face it, if he gave away all the information in his first post, he wouldn't be able to "bump" it every few days!!!!!!

Sorry, frustrated MD seeking principal cornet.

18. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

I
    Here Here. If he carries on posting like that everyday to bump it to the top of the thread list then people are obviously going to take notice.

Good luck in your endevour clive, and there was me thinking it was by invitation only. Id come down for a blow but the distance is greater then i am willing to travel from liverpool and id like to see how you cope as an MD. May your band prosper anyway.

PS hope your not nicking players from other bands to fund it.

19. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Seconded. :clap:

20. madandcrazytromboneguy

theres been no poaching, infact we had some of our interested players poached, so we just moved on and we've got a good number of players coming down, thanks again to everyone whos wished halifax band the best of luck and the bands progress will be posted here on tMP as and when it happens, as for all the not very nice comments made, well thats just all your own opinions, but im on here to try and get a band formed, and so far its working :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice