Be part of a brand new brass band ... !

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by madandcrazytromboneguy, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Some of you may have heard news that a new brass band is being formed in West Yorkshire. Halifax is the principal town in Calderdale and yet is the only town which does not have its own brass band. So far we have an MD, an ideally situated band room with sufficient parking and close to bus and railway stations, and a number of interested players. What we now need is our full quota of playing and non-playing personnel. If you would like to be in at the beginning of this new musical ensemble, please contact us for further details by replying to this post, private messaging (PM) to madandcrazytromboneguy or flower girl, or alternatively please ring Clive on 07921 391996 or Lisa on 07944 099891.
  2. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Yes, you could be Scottish. :)

Seriously though, good luck in this endeavour.
  3. no i wouldn't go that far, but thanks anyway, im sure me or lisa will fill you in with our progress when it happens
  4. flower girl

flower girl Member

5. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

im currently in huddersfield, with my own transport, looking for a band.
    im a tenor horn player, and interested :)

kel x
  6. Thank you to all who have looked at this advert so far.

Me and lisa have had some good response from it and we hope this will carry on.

Fancy being 1 of the 1st ever members of a brand new band? then consider the all new Halifax Brass Band!

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Clive Morris, MD of the Halifax Brass Band.
  7. B'aht a band

B'aht a band Member

If I still lived in Halifax, and didn't prostitute myself around other bands, then you would have yerselves a damn fine BBb player......I am supremely modest as well......;)

Andy, hoping a band will pick him up in Belfast (have mouthpiece, will travel)
  8. If you are ever back in the Halifax area anytime Andy then you are very welcome to come down and join in the banding, and drinking which should follow being as the bandroom is the Nalgo Bar which is right next to the bus station. :D
  9. Richard_Brigg

Richard_Brigg Member

If i was in Bradford... it would be possible.

good look Clive.
  10. cheers briggy, hows things going for you at the mo?, plz reply via a pm to stop the thread from changing subject

thanks for your support, Clive!
  11. Dirty Sanchez

Dirty Sanchez New Member

How many players have you got?
    Are they any good?
    Are you really the conductor?
    Have you got me a Maestro?
    Will you be paying for me to get there?
    Will they be better than Littleborough?
  12. MattB

MattB Member

Hey Sanchez, I'm hoping that wasn't a 'Dirty' remark!! Littleborough's a band on the up, you watch this space!

Hope things are going well Clive, you must let me know what nights you're on, I might come for a blow myself!

All the best,

MD Littleborough Band- so watch it you Dirty Sanchez!!
  13. flower girl

flower girl Member

14. Dirty Sanchez

Dirty Sanchez New Member

15. dyl

dyl Active Member

Ok folks - let's keep to the topic in hand eh? This is a thread for the recruitment of players for a new band, it's difficult enough recruiting players as it is, without having silly comments thrown in. Any more off-topic remarks, and they will be deleted on sight.
  16. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Good luck! Yorkshire seems to lack bands at the 4th section level, and certainly in that area you should be able to get players.
  17. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

18. cheers pytha

if you know of any players looking for a new band in west yorkshire then please send them our way as they will be very welcome

the bands progress will be updated here on tmp so everyone keep your eyes and ears open

yorkshires new band is coming,.........................soon ;)
  19. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

20. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

topic please
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.