Bbtv -dvd

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Nov 18, 2007.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

As anyone had the free copy of the Dvd;
    BBTV
    If so what do you think about it;
    Will you get the others when they come out.
    Ive just seen it and thought it was very good but my only gripe was a bit to much was on the European Contest this year.
    Frank Renton makes a good presenter for it.
    Yep i will be getting the rest of them and will probably cancel by British Bandsman when the renewal comes through

2. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

Yeah, got a free copy at Pontins and think that the DVD is a great idea, I too thought there was rather a lot on the European Contest - but it was a freebie after all.;)

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Blimey Ian, you've been quiet recently...!!! :)

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

You say that like it's a bad thing, John?!

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Yep, OMG... what might I have done now... :D

Man the floodgates folks... the Gresleys are back..:):)

6. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

:clap: :tup

7. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

BBTV have you seen it?

I have managed to aquire a free copy of this "new dimention of banding"!
    I'm still a bit undecided. Lot's of info, discussion and debate, even a bit of brass band music. It's not edge of your seat stuff but it's certainly quite informative.
    What do you guys think? Any comments?

8. I have watched it.. thought some of it was quite good. Some good interviews. The trip round Dykes bandroom was good I thought and the bit about Whit Friday marches.
    Some of the chat went on a bit in the round table parts I felt so maybe could have been a bit shorter. But then if your paying £50 for 3 DVDs in a year then you will moan if they are half an hour long. So I guess it has been padded out a touch.
    All in all quite interesting.

9. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

I can't personally say i enjoyed it enough to consider paying £50 a year for anymore...I didn't hink it was bad, I just didn't really enjoy it all that much.

The Dyke bandroom your was good, as was the 'Top C' Challenge-especially as I happen to know the sop player (AJSOP) and the horn player (Vickitorious)!! Well done guys, some lovely work!

Interesting in ways, but I would certainly agree that it's not 'edge of your seat' material.

10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I haven't watched my copy yet, so I should save it for a rainy day when I've absolutely got nothing to do?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bbtv
    Dvd
    European
    British
    BBTVIf
  12. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Well, lets put it this way...........
    I wouldn't advise taking the day off work to watch it : )

13. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

£50!!!! Bloomin' eck! I'd rather subject myself to colonic irrigation! It's gotta be a slightly less dull pass time than the DVD and more memorable!!! Crikey!!! £50? :eek:

14. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

I know :confused:
    Let's just say if they are charging £50, which I'm sure they are, then the quality (value for money) leaves quite alot to be desired!!

15. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

hah, no wonder I hadn't heard of it.

16. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

i started a thread on this some time ago.:clap: ;)

17. Di

Di Active Member

I thought there'd been more replies than that! Thread found and merged.

;)

18. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Di Youre a Star Thank you;)

19. postie

postie Member

I got a free DVD of said BBtv it was ok. I thought the best bits were Black Dyke going around the Whit Marches. The interviews were fairly dull and pretty boring ufortunatly.I think I will keep my money in my pocket I think!!!!!