Bbtv -dvd

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Nov 18, 2007.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

As anyone had the free copy of the Dvd;
    If so what do you think about it;
    Will you get the others when they come out.
    Ive just seen it and thought it was very good but my only gripe was a bit to much was on the European Contest this year.
    Frank Renton makes a good presenter for it.
    Yep i will be getting the rest of them and will probably cancel by British Bandsman when the renewal comes through
  2. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

Yeah, got a free copy at Pontins and think that the DVD is a great idea, I too thought there was rather a lot on the European Contest - but it was a freebie after all.;)
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Blimey Ian, you've been quiet recently...!!! :)
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

You say that like it's a bad thing, John?!
  5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Yep, OMG... what might I have done now... :D

Man the floodgates folks... the Gresleys are back..:):)
  6. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

:clap: :tup
  7. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

BBTV have you seen it?

I have managed to aquire a free copy of this "new dimention of banding"!
    I'm still a bit undecided. Lot's of info, discussion and debate, even a bit of brass band music. It's not edge of your seat stuff but it's certainly quite informative.
    What do you guys think? Any comments?
  8. I have watched it.. thought some of it was quite good. Some good interviews. The trip round Dykes bandroom was good I thought and the bit about Whit Friday marches.
    Some of the chat went on a bit in the round table parts I felt so maybe could have been a bit shorter. But then if your paying £50 for 3 DVDs in a year then you will moan if they are half an hour long. So I guess it has been padded out a touch.
    All in all quite interesting.
  9. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

I can't personally say i enjoyed it enough to consider paying £50 a year for anymore...I didn't hink it was bad, I just didn't really enjoy it all that much.

The Dyke bandroom your was good, as was the 'Top C' Challenge-especially as I happen to know the sop player (AJSOP) and the horn player (Vickitorious)!! Well done guys, some lovely work!

Interesting in ways, but I would certainly agree that it's not 'edge of your seat' material.
  10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- I haven't watched my copy yet, so I should save it for a rainy day when I've absolutely got nothing to do?
  11. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Well, lets put it this way...........
    I wouldn't advise taking the day off work to watch it : )
  12. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

£50!!!! Bloomin' eck! I'd rather subject myself to colonic irrigation! It's gotta be a slightly less dull pass time than the DVD and more memorable!!! Crikey!!! £50? :eek:
  13. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

I know :confused:
    Let's just say if they are charging £50, which I'm sure they are, then the quality (value for money) leaves quite alot to be desired!!
  14. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

hah, no wonder I hadn't heard of it.
  15. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

i started a thread on this some time ago.:clap: ;)
  16. Di

Di Active Member

I thought there'd been more replies than that! Thread found and merged.

17. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Di Youre a Star Thank you;)
  18. postie

postie Member

I got a free DVD of said BBtv it was ok. I thought the best bits were Black Dyke going around the Whit Marches. The interviews were fairly dull and pretty boring ufortunatly.I think I will keep my money in my pocket I think!!!!!