BBSS Bromsgrove 2009

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by daveredhead, Jul 19, 2009.

1. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Hello al, tis me again the shy quiet one, just checking whos going to the world acclaimed summer school, I know Gill, Judith and Steve S and myself :tupare going(i know there is always a down side) hope it stops raining or we will be requiring, canoes to go shopping, in town. Looking forward to seeing you all again:clap:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bromsgrove 2009 Hello al
    BBSS
    Judith
    Steve S
    Gill
  3. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Like the year when the high street became a river in the thunderstorm and we were stranded in the shop and pub rather than in rehearsal. I'm not there this year to play but I am in the pub :D

4. grahammck

grahammck Member

I'll be there once again.

5. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

I'm not there either I'm afraid.

6. Columbo

Columbo Member

Could someone let me have some details. Dates, times, location etc or a link where I can get details. Cheers.

I have family who live nearby and play, but don't always get the benefits we Up In'th North get.

7. imthemaddude

Get in touch with Philip Biggs he runs it. There is a website http://www.brassbandsummerschool.com/.

It's in Bromsgrove 9th Aug PM - 15 Aug AM It's £410 for a standard room this year.

8. I'm going, to make some noise! actually, it is the sun 23rd Aug to the sat end of Aug.

9. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Bromsgrove 2009

Hey you will be on your own !!!! It runs from Sun 9th Aug to Sat 16th Aug so you will have to build your shed a week earlier:clap:

10. It can't I haven't had any info of the date change, I'm in maderia that week!

11. Bromsgrove summer school

Anyone else from tmp going to Bromsgrove next week?

I've been to the Swansea one for the past few years, but this is my first Bromsgrove so be gentle with me!!

From the info I've seen so far it appears that the room doors cant be locked and theres a free bar on the last night. Shall I bring a pot to put everyones keys in then? :p

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bromsgrove 2009 Hello al
    BBSS
    Judith
    Steve S
    Gill
  13. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

As you'll see from the previous entries in this now merged thread, there are one or two ;)

14. imthemaddude

Oh no Sarah...

15. imthemaddude

Lenny - it's not the best accommodation in the world but your stuff is normally safe. People are nice at summer school. If you are worried, don't take any valuables. You'll have make sure you find out the group that drink in the Red Lion. That's the evening watering hole!!

16. Thanks, I'm sure I'll end up in the pub as well :)

17. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

....for those that can be bothered to go off site... otherwise there's a perfectly serviceable bar at the school, if you don't mind tinnies. But don't drink the wine - there's something dreadful in it which gives you a shocking headache for the 9am rehearsal... not sure what it could be.... ;)

The houses themselves are locked, but not the rooms. You might be able to lock the wardrobe if you take a padlock. Bring a bag to cart your stand and mutes around...

18. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

and Lou, and Martin, and Emma (newbie) and Aidan, and Claire, and Hilary and Jonathan, and Hannah, and erm... the other Jonathan, and James, and erm, not Charlie, or Adam, oh, and Ruth and Sarah and Lindsey, and about half the flugel players in the whole world. :p

19. CLAIRE SPONG

CLAIRE SPONG Member

Who's going next year or is the change of venue going to put people off due to the distance and difficulty of getting there due to no motorways?

20. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

It's a trawl, for sure, but if it doesn't clash with the other opportunity i have around then, I'll be there... it looks like a good venue, I guess it's about 3 hours from here? I can live with that.

21. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Where is it being moved to? And is the change permanent?

22. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

...and the A14's a monster enough road if it doesn't have a pile-up on it that day.