B'Bone Player looking for band in Aberdeen

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Blinx, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Blinx

Blinx New Member

hey guys my name is stefan and im goin to uni in aberdeen in september so im lookin for a new band, or any suggestions or info on the aberdeen music scenne. so if anyone is lookin for a bass trombone player give me a buzz. my email address is stefanblincow@hotmail.co.uk, inventive i no lol.

lookin forward to hearing from someone.

Blinx

2. cornetcheese

cornetcheese Member

There are 4 bands in or around Aberdeen you could try, don't know what vacancies they have though!

Bon-Accord Silver Band are in the Champ Section and their 'B' band competes in the 3rd section. www.davido.freeserve.co.uk

You also have Granite City Brass who I think are now in the 2nd section. www.granitecitybrass.co.uk

And finally, if you don't mind a bit of travel, you could always try Turriff Silver Band - it's outside Aberdeen, but I believe a number of their players travel from town so you may be able to arrange transport. www.turriffsilverband.co.uk

Being a native of Aberdeen and having played, conducted or depped for each of those bands, I'm confident they would all make you very welcome!

Good luck!