Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DublinBass, Jul 25, 2005.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

'ey up!

I'm Pat from Columbus, OH of the few but growing number of tMPers from across the pond.

I am currently a graduate student in the doctoral programme for science education at The Ohio State University. I had taught science the past 9 years.

I started playing baritone & trombone when I was 16 (bass clef originally) and since then have played everything between BBb bass and tenor horn (inclusive) mostly in the USA. However, I did spend a year living and teaching by Watford, Herts where I was a member of the Welwyn Garden City Band and have depped in bands from 4th - champsionship section from all across Great Britain.

In my spare time I am a recovering band tart and like to moan at Bunnies. I am also quite good at driving my wife, Diana, a fellow baritone player, quite mad!
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

We'll miss you when you go back - and you fogot to mention that you're an accomplished choreographer as well ;)
  3. DublinBass

Thanks for the kind sentiments (as I sit here 4:45 am EST - 9:45 BST...with naff all to do as my body has not yet adjusted time zones :S)

If I knew then what I know now...I wouldn't have let Will talk me into was actually Will's Choreograph...just my dancing :s
  4. Di

Di Active Member

Aww bless, the perils of jet lag. :( We's gonna miss you around here. :(

Are you reverting to BBcBariUSA? :biggrin:
  5. DublinBass

Have thought about it...don't know?

With any luck it'll be BBCBass or BBCBassUSA ;)
  6. Di

Di Active Member

Hmm, of course, fingers in gear, but brain not selected! ;)
  7. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Hope the trip back to the US was as incident free as possible, Pat. I was kinda hoping for a last "hi" at a random contest somewhere before you went back...ah well.

Y'all be sure to look us up the next time you come over the big pond. :biggrin:
  8. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Ahhhhhhhhh Pat!!

Gonna miss bumping into you & Diana in random places...... Blackpool, Wigan, Scunthorpe, KERKRADE!!

When's the tMP barbeque in Ohio?? ;)
  9. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

When I'm over there... ;)

(the last news is that my Ohio project was "delayed for a few weeks")
  10. DublinBass

This just'll notice that my username has been changed to reflect the fact that I am now playing Eb bass in the Brass Band of Columbus!! :D

That year of bass playing in the UK paid off!! ;)
  11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

. . . and "bari in the ballroom" doesn't quite sound right ;)
  12. DublinBass

Sorted...for now at least.