BBbBass looking for a band in Birmingham area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by 2nd man down, Jul 14, 2008.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Hi there,

I have a friend who used to play BBbBass with Emley (while he was the vicar in the village!) who is looking for a band to join in the Birmingham area (sorry I don't know exactly where, I appreciate it's a huge area!).

I believe he's looking for 4th or 3rd section (sorry it's a bit vague, I got the message through someone else at band tonight).

If you're interested in hearing from him, post your details and I'll get them to him so he can contact you.

He's a lovely bloke, a nicer chap you couldn't hope to meet, I believe he's still doing the vicar bit but connected to the MOD down there somehow.

Cheers. :tup

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Birmingham
    BBbBass
    Emley
    vicar bit
    Birmingham area
  3. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

Hi, depending on his location and transport, we might be able to help... we are based in Rugby in Warwickshire (think M6 junction 1 and you are about there) - we are 2nd section but not big on contesting so that needn't be a worry. AND we are looking for a Bb bass. We rehearse Mondays and Fridays.

PM me (or perhaps Smiling Sop, you'll probably get one of us) for more info or email publicity @biltonsilverband.co.uk, band website www.biltonsilverband.co.uk.

-Jud

4. 2nd man down

Hi,

thanks for your post. I'm in the process of finding out just where he is and how far he's willing to travel, in the mean time if you'd like me to pass any contact info on to him for him to get in touch just pm me. Cheers. :tup

5. jenzi

jenzi Member

City of Birmingham Brass Band are looking for a BBb bass. We are a third section band and rehearse Mondays and Thursday, on the University of Birmingham campus.
    Contact baritonedeaf for more details as I am unfortunately playing my last concert with them on Sunday due to relocation.
    He will be welcomed with open arms!

6. goodys comp

goodys comp New Member

Hi, :)
    We are looking for players to come along on a Wedesday night, to help fill some seats.
    We are a very good standard for the size of the band
    There is no pressure at the moment, as we are not a contesting band.
    That`s our aim when we get somemore players

We are The District of Dunchurch Brass
    in Dunchurch, Rugby
    Contact Colin 01788 814756 / 07808031326
    Or Email us on districtofdunchurchbrass@hotmail.co.uk
    Please visit our website for more details about us
    www.districtofdunchurchbrass2006-web.info

7. 2nd man down

Just so you all know (and thanks to those who have replied so far), this hasn't gone dead, my friend has been a little busy of late and I've struggled to contact him. I'm hoping to contact him soon and pass on your details, so hopefully it won't be too long before he is able to start contacting you all.

Thanks for your patience.

8. goodys comp

goodys comp New Member

No problem
    Looking forward to hearing from your friend.

From Lorraine