BBb bass

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by bob7euph, Mar 21, 2010.

1. bob7euph

bob7euph New Member

Anyone know where i can get some plactic valve guides for a BBb 994 soverign?
    i assume they are straightforward to replace, or will i encounter some problems

2. sunshine

sunshine Member

3. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

4. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

windcraft part number for the valve Guide is

and they are 2.21 + VAT each
  5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Ouch !!

Bring back metal guides.

- Mr Wilx
  6. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Much as the price of plastic guides is prohibitive, having started on a besson New Standard Eb with metal guides, I much prefer plastic.

Yes plastic wears quicker, but doesn't clatter half as much as metal once both they are slightly worn.

Whenever I had anything remotely fast to play on metal-guides, it was like I had a small percussion section in the valve-block.... :oops:
  7. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

Think I've been living in Australia to long, I didn't see the price of Valve guides as prohibitive.
    with the cost of a New EEb Bass getting close to A$20,000.00 Australian about 9,000 - 10,000 pounds makes the price of plastic guides small change.
    BBb's would top that of course by at least another couple of Grand.
  8. Toxophile

Toxophile Member

I have to agree, a full set of plastic guides is about £10, ten minutes to change and new felts and quiet returns. If the metal guides wear out then what does it cost to have new ones soldered in? Give plastic guides any day.