BBb Bass Kelly Mouthpiece

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ScrapingtheBottom, Oct 27, 2004.

1. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Since buying my kelly mouthpiece and parading it at band, I have had several enquiries for various persons in the band about procuring a mouthpiece for themselves (very good for outdoor carolling you see). One such request was from a BBb bass player - problem is I have no idea about mouthpieces sizes for tubas and don't even know if kelly make a BBb mouthpiece.

Could anyone tell me if such mouthpieces are available and what sizes there are and where I can get them?

2. ScrapingtheBottom

Don't worry I've found that they do a Bach-style 18 for BBb, does anyone know what the Kellyberg mouthpiece is for?
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Playing on the Titanic?
  4. ScrapingtheBottom

The man doth jest so!

All I can find on the website is that it is modelled on the conn-helleberg series, but it doesn't give me a size!
  5. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

The Helleberg is the most commonly used tuba mouthpiece in the world. It works ok on BBb, it's all a matter of preference. There's a size comparison spreadsheet on my website
  6. ScrapingtheBottom

Thanks Andy! Very useful resource!

I'm now armed with the info for the next practice.
  7. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

if anybodu is looking for a specific size fro kelly mouthpieces, just send them an email.
    i did after Dinie very kindly offered to donate her prize of three kelly mouthpieces. i couldnt find a match for my current mouthpiece so i sent them an email.
    the response was ver quick, giving me all the info i required, im just looking forward to recieving said mouthpiece now (hint hint:p );)
  8. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

I wondered what that white mouthpiece was that you were flashing around the bandroom last night!!! Is it a luminous one for when we play the outdoor Christmas carolling jobs in the dark???
  9. ScrapingtheBottom

Sadly it is not glow in the dark because I am tight and got mine in a half price clearance at Lewingtons.
  10. Drew

Drew New Member

If your looking for a non-metal mouthpiece there's always Joseph Klier (I think their website is joseph.klier@de).

They provide a full range of of plexiglass mouthpieces.

Hope this assists.