BBb bass - Hard case

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Chunky, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Can anybody out there help please?

My hard case has completely died now! The wheels fell off a long while ago and have been manfully carrying it using the main handle.

Unfortunately now the handle has completely broken.

Now not being a diy type person not sure I have the capability to repair the handle and also to put new wheels on.

So I may have to look for a new hard case:

Any suggestions as to where I might get one from. I have looked at Coldstream cases and they appear only to do an Eb.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    BBb bass
    anybody
    case
    cases
    wheels
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Not a new case, but our local shoe repairers/luggage shop fitted some replacement handles to two of our bass cases quite successfully, and you may find someone similar may be able to replace the wheels as well.

4. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I recommend trying to get the existing case fixed too... hard cases (at least, the proper Besson ones for the Sovereigns) certainly aren't cheap as I recall.

5. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Think Windcraft or Normans do spares for cases, you would need a rivot gun as the wheels and handle are rivoted on. You could always take it to your local garage and get them to do it. As long as the rivot grabs the metal bracket inside the case it will hold.

6. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

What are you playing, Chunky?

It could be that some suppliers will have spare Besson cases... I seem to remember LBB saying a certain London supplier had a few.

7. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Its a Besson 994!

Thanks for the other replies too. At the moment the case is hidden away and the instrument is making a convenient coat hanger in the lounge! The sooner I can get it put away properly the happier I will be!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007