BB/EE b Bass player seeks band for Whit Friday.

Discussion in 'Deputies Available' started by STUART HAIGH, Mar 24, 2013.

1. STUART HAIGH

STUART HAIGH Member

Experienced BB b EEb Bass player seeks band for Whit Friday.Good 1st section/Championship section bands only please,and no Cossacks,Contestors,or Castle Cochs as I like to win prizes !:cool:

2. iancwilx

iancwilx Well-Known Member

Mephis, Ravenswoods, Wizards and Senators only then eh ? (And Standard of St George on the march so you can give it plenty of wellie !)

~ Mr Wilx

3. STUART HAIGH

STUART HAIGH Member

Welly

Yes Ian plenty of welly never hurt anyone,played with mighty Imps last year and enjoyed it (we got a fourth somewhere ) Anything apart from the 3 I ve mentioned,I think they are rubbish.I know Cossack won 50 Whit Fridays in the 30 s but it s done nowt since.Not what I call a contest march.:wink:

4. iancwilx

iancwilx Well-Known Member

Ah, we connect again Stuart ~ I played "Mephi" with Imps on many Whit Fridays in the '60s. Most enjoyable, and we collected our fair share of pots. In fact, in 1970, ( I think) out of only seven contests running we got five firsts and two seconds. Great days.

~ Mr Wilx

5. samandy

samandy Member

Hi Stuart

Just sent you a PM.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice