Bb Cornet - North West

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by stotty74, Jul 16, 2009.

1. stotty74

stotty74 Member

I'm looking to start playing semi-regularly again after a break of about 8 months. Was 2nd man at Northop Silver (Champ Section) in North Wales for about 8 years, but due to my busy schedule i left in December.

Would like to get back into playing on a fairly regular basis, but as i conduct Greenalls Band they are my top priority, but would like somewhere to get my lip back in. I'm not looking for anything too demanding, so a good 2nd Section/1st Section band would be great, preferably back row, but i should be fine wherever.

If someone knows of a band that would like a semi-committed player(!!) please let me know :)

2. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

just come n play top man with us karl!!
  3. paulspud

paulspud Member

Hi Karl,

Have sent you a PM.

4. Mofman

Mofman Member

Poynton are looking for a front and back row player
  5. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

Hi Karl,

Have answered your other post in Deputy Database... we do desperately need solo cornet players and would be overjoyed to welcome you.

We are very near Northop.
    I have sent a PM. [Gwernaffield Silver Band]
  6. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Hi Karl

Haydock are looking for Front row and back cornets, We are based in Haydock/Blackbrook, just off the east lancs, We rehearse Mon and Thurs 8 - 10 and alot of us go for a drink afterward in the bar at out band room.

We are a very friendly band and are looking for some cornets to compete the band, PM me for some more details

7. euph-man

euph-man Member

hello Karl

Co-op 2000 brass are a good 2nd section band and front row cornet would be available and understand that Greenhalls would be your priority. Please let me know if you are interested

8. coldrum

coldrum New Member

Frodsham Silver Band?

Hi Karl,

Just in case you're still looking for a band, you could try Frodsham Silver Band.

It's not the 2nd section band you wanted, but if you want to get your lip back in, a position on the front row might be ideal. It's a really friendly 4th section band, with players of all ages (8 to 80!) & abilities. More a concert band than contesting (but do the whit marches at Saddleworth), with the accent on entertaining & playing a wide variety of music, including more challenging pieces.

Rehearsals are Monday & Tuesday evening, and are enjoyable, non pressurised evenings.

If you need any more info, PM me, or have a look at the band website:
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  9. Mofman

Mofman Member

The Marple Band are looking for a good standard front row player. If you or any one else is interested?