Bb Bass required for Scottish Championships - St David's Brass

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by FlugelD, Nov 21, 2008.

1. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

St. David's Brass are a friendly, youthful band who are currently in the 3rd section, but hoping to return to the 2nd in the near future... :)

We currently have vacancies for Soprano Cornet, front row Bb Cornet, and baritone. We rehearse on Tuesdays and Fridays in Woodburn, Dalkeith between 7 and 9.

Any other brass or percussion players are always welcome.

For further details contact vacancies@stdavidsbrass.co.uk , PM me, or get in touch via our contact us section on the website (link below).

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Scottish Championships - St David's Brass St. David's Brass
    Bb Cornet
    Bb Bass
    Soprano Cornet
    Woodburn
  3. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Due to work relocation, we currently have a vacancy for a Bb bass player.

As usual, any other brass or percussion players are always welcome - we also have a junior band and a rapidly growing beginner's band, so players of all standards can be catered for!

For further details contact vacancies@stdavidsbrass.co.uk , PM me, or get in touch via our 'contact us' section on the website (link below).

4. FastFinguredFreddy

FastFinguredFreddy New Member

Jus to add to the post above from Derek, we also have a vacancy for Eb Bass as well. As stated before we are currently a 3rd section band but are very much looking for a return to the 2nd section.

We are very ambitious and always try to put on an entertaining show at every contest or concert.

If you require any information please feel free to reply to vacancies@stdavidsbrass.co.uk in the post above.

5. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Never rains but it bleedin' pours, eh?

So, Bb bass working in the States... Eb Bass seeks pastures new (and closer to home) - and then horn and cornet (brother and sister) decamp for 'family reasons'.

So...

Friendly, ambitious 3rd section band seek Cornet and Horn players (experienced, willing to 'fit in'), and Eb and Bb bass players.

And, as always, any brass or percussion will be welcome....

Click on 'vacancies' below :)

6. FastFinguredFreddy

FastFinguredFreddy New Member

Hi there just a quick update, the new University season starting and all.

We currently have vacancies for a BBb Bass and cornet players with all others welcome, you never know, you coming along might let another person move on to another seat so please feel free to contact the band to enquire.

The band has a number of contests and concerts on the horizon so make sure you get the chance to join us at them!

We are within 13 Miles of Heriot Watt University, 10 miles of Edinburgh city center and the various Edinburgh University buildings and 6 Miles of Queen Margaret University. There is plenty of Buses running to and from the rehearsals and if needed transport could probably be arranged. Instruments will be available if you dont have your own.

As stated earlier please feel free to contact our vacancies@stdavidsbrass.co.uk address for any information or any directions.

Hope to hear from you soon.
    Stuart Dickson

7. cmccabe

cmccabe New Member

St. David's Brass currently have a number of vacancies within our ranks:
    • Bb Cornet
    • 1st Baritone
    • BBb Bass
    St. David's Brass are based in Dalkeith, 8 miles from the centre of Edinburgh (and on a number of major bus routes). We are a young, friendly and highly ambitious 3rd section band who are hungry for promotion. Players from any of Edinburgh's universities would be welcomed. We rehearse on Tuesdays and Fridays from 7pm to 9pm.

With players happy to reshuffle, a position in any seat in the cornet section is available to the right applicant.

If you would like any more information feel free to contact me by PM, Email or on 07800 837 526.

8. cmccabe

cmccabe New Member

The first baritone seat has now been filled. We are still earnestly looking for one more cornet and one more bass to complete our lineup.

As before please contact me via PM, Email or on 07800 837 526 if you would like any more information.

9. cmccabe

cmccabe New Member

We continue to look for another tutti cornet player and a Bb bass to complete our lineup ahead of the Scottish Championships in March.

I would be delighted to hear from you via PM, Email or on 07800 837 526.

10. cmccabe

cmccabe New Member

Following our 3rd place at the Scottish Championships, we are continuing to build and strengthen our team. We currently have vacancies for:

• Front row cornet
    • Solo Horn
    • Bb Bass

As previously mentioned, please get in touch via PM, Email or by phone on 07800837526. We would be delighted to hear from you.

11. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Due to players moving on to higher section bands, we currently have the following vacancies:

• Front row cornet
    • Solo horn
    • Euphonium
    • Baritone
    • Bb Bass
    With victories in the FBBF and FCBA contests, a second place at the Scottish Challenge Cup, and a third place at the Scottish Championships, we have had a successful year, and are looking to improve on that (and gain promotion) in the coming year.

Please contact me either via PM, or by email at vacancies@stdavidsbrass.co.uk

More information is available on our website at http://www.stdavidsbrass.co.uk/info/vacancies

Finally, any brass or percussion players who would like to come along are always welcome :)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Scottish Championships - St David's Brass St. David's Brass
    Bb Cornet
    Bb Bass
    Soprano Cornet
    Woodburn
  13. delboy822

delboy822 Member

Just an update to the above post to say we're still looking for all of the above positions with the addition of a couple of back row cornets to strengthen the section.

With the cornet section prepared to be flexible, potentially any front or back row seat (excl. soprano) is available to the right player...

Please contact myself at delboy822@msn.com or Derek (see above post) if you're interested in coming along.

All enquiries will be treated in confidence

Katie
    Horn (in training :D )
    St. David's Brass, Dalkeith

14. delboy822

delboy822 Member

Current vacancies:

• 1st Baritone
    • Euphonium
    • Bb Bass

Please contact myself at delboy822@msn.com or Derek (see above post) if you're interested.

All enquiries will be treated in confidence.

15. delboy822

delboy822 Member

With promotion to the 2nd Section beckoning, St David's are looking for a Tenor Horn player to complete their line-up for the National Finals as well as participating in their busy summer schedule. With current players happy to reshuffle, potentially any seat in the section is available to the right player. Please contact me at delboy822@msn.com if you are interested. All enquiries will be treated in the strictest of confidence.

16. delboy822

delboy822 Member

In addition to the above post we are also looking for an Eb or Bb Bass. As before all enquiries will be treated in confidence. Contact me at delboy822@msn.com

17. delboy822

delboy822 Member

Due to work commitments we are looking for a temporary assistant principal cornet to sign for us ASAP for at least 4 months. With other seats due to become vacant later on this year a permanent seat in the cornet section may also be available.

The band is playing at Murrayfield next month (Scotland v Italy) and contests coming up are Brass in the Park, The National Finals, Fife Charities and the Scottish Shield.

In addition we are still looking for a horn player and a Bb Bass player.

Please contact me at delboy822@msn.com if you are interested. All enquiries will be treated in the strictest of confidence.

18. delboy822

delboy822 Member

St David's Brass are a newly promoted 2nd Section band based in Gorebridge (10 miles south of Edinburgh) just off the A7. It's also on a number of bus routes, although transport can be organised if need be. We currently rehearse Tuesdays and Fridays (7-9pm) and are always looking to strengthen our line-up in order to achieve success in this extremely competitive Section.

Any brass players or percussionists are welcome, but please check the latest thread for current vacancies. Instruments can be provided so if you're looking for a change, or a return to playing after a break, please get in touch.

If you are interested in joining a friendly, dynamic band, please contact me at delboy822@msn.com All enquiries will be treated in the strictest of confidence.

19. delboy822

delboy822 Member

Current Vacancies: Tenor Horn

With current players happy to reshuffle, potentially any seat in the section is available to the right player. Please contact me at delboy822@msn.com if you are interested. All enquiries will be treated in the strictest of confidence.

20. delboy822

delboy822 Member

See post #16 for general details

Current Vacancies: Bb Cornets, Tenor Horn, Eb Bass, Bb Bass

With current players happy to reshuffle, potentially any seat in the section is available to the right player. Please contact me at delboy822@msn.com if you are interested. All enquiries will be treated in the strictest of confidence.

21. delboy822

delboy822 Member

Current Vacancies: 2 x Tutti Solo Cornets, Baritone, Bb Bass

22. delboy822

delboy822 Member

Current Vacancies: Tutti Solo Cornets, Baritone, Bb Bass