Bb bass duets?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by matt_BBb_bass, Jul 21, 2006.

1. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

Hi everyone

Im matt and i play bass for camborne youth band.

Me and my mate how also plays bass for camborne want to do a duet but we can not find anywear that you can get them for two Bb basses.

Can anyone help us?

wear can you get them online or anywear we would like the can-can anyway

Thanks Matt

2. ABERDEEN LOON

ABERDEEN LOON Member

I would pay to see that! will you be dancing too?:biggrin:

Never seen a BBb bass duet, but will be watching with interest. if there are any EEb bass duets, you could transpose the parts?

3. I suppose you could always try "Tuba Smarties". It's a decent enough piece although its very similar, but there are some octave parts in it. A good crowd pleaser to boot.

Andy

The "Next" sale starts 5am saturday 21 july

4. ISBBBb2

ISBBBb2 Member

No doubt I will be corrected but Les Condon I think wrote a duet for BBb and EEb tuba. I cant think of the name though but its not a bad piece!

5. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

It's called Radient Pathway...think it's published by Sp&S
    still small group practice is good ( tuba quarets and stuff like that)..good luck you should find a small amount of stuff out there...or start doing some yourself , as you know your good points and bad points , work on your weak areas and improve that way...
    just a quick suggestion there
    ps Camborne nice part of the world , enjoyed our concert at the methodist church there last month :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Amongst the options on Radiant Pathway is to play the top EEb part on euph, so if the first player works from this, and the 2nd reads the BBb part as written you wouldn't need to transpose. Having said that, it is pitched quite high, so I very much doubt you could play the top part in the right octave, so it probably wouldn't work anyway :oops:

Another possibility coud be to look at some of the trombone duets that are around, and which could work quite well.

7. ISBBBb2

ISBBBb2 Member

Have you seen some of the parts written for BBb today pete!!Playing above top C's are common place in some of the stuf being written! (However you never hear it as we BBbs are supposedly continuously pedalling anyway but we wont go into that debate!!)
    Have you tried the Tuba fours website?

8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The second part of Radiant Pathway goes to either Db or Eb, I can't remember, and I certainly wouldn't fancy trying to play the top part on BBb :oops:

9. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

Ok thanks everyone

10. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

My hubby Simon has done one for Two Ebs or Two Bbs called Tea for Tubas (Tea for Two music) available from Kirklees Music.

Cheers

Alex

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    bass duets
    Bb
    matt
    everyoneIm
    youth
  12. matt_BBb_bass

matt_BBb_bass Member

What about bass qaurtets

13. sniperjp

sniperjp Member

I know that Timbone did a very good bass feature called slavonic basses, consider that :D